Mobile menu

How to uninstall WF5.02?
Thread poster: fifilalou

fifilalou  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:49
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

I followed your advice, my dear colleagues, to try the older version, so installed WF 5.50. However, I don't know how to get rid of the 5.52, which is still integrated in Word so that every time I open Word freshly it comes with the appearance of the 5.52. I can only use the 5.50 format by re-using the document that came with downloading 5.50. Please, would anyone know how to uninstall the 5.52 version?
Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 13:49
Macedonian to English
+ ...
There are two ways... Apr 7, 2008

The simple way is to open the Wordfast Setup panel, (i.e. the WF "f" icon on the toolbar or CTRL+ALT+W.)

Click on the "?" tag at the very end of the panel. There you should have a button labelled "Remove Wordfast". Click on it and voila, you should have a Wordfast free Word.

If this however does not work, you have to locate the template and delete it physically yourself. This all depends on the Operating System you're using. For Windows Vista it is located in the following folder:

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

For Windows XP it should be in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

I have no idea about Mac OS sorry.

In order to be able to find the above you must have View Hidden files or folders clicked in the folder options.

If you still can't find it then just use the search function in Windows for and delete it thus.

Hope I've helped.

[Edited at 2008-04-07 07:48]

[Edited at 2008-04-07 07:53]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to uninstall WF5.02?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs