How to uninstall WF5.02?
Thread poster: fifilalou
fifilalou
fifilalou  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:17
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

I followed your advice, my dear colleagues, to try the older version, so installed WF 5.50. However, I don't know how to get rid of the 5.52, which is still integrated in Word so that every time I open Word freshly it comes with the appearance of the 5.52. I can only use the 5.50 format by re-using the wordfast.dot document that came with downloading 5.50. Please, would anyone know how to uninstall the 5.52 version?
Thank you.

ilija5150
ilija5150
North Macedonia
Local time: 17:17
Macedonian to English
+ ...
There are two ways... Apr 7, 2008

The simple way is to open the Wordfast Setup panel, (i.e. the WF "f" icon on the toolbar or CTRL+ALT+W.)

Click on the "?" tag at the very end of the panel. There you should have a button labelled "Remove Wordfast". Click on it and voila, you should have a Wordfast free Word.

If this however does not work, you have to locate the Wordfast.dot template and delete it physically yourself. This all depends on the Operating System you're using. For Windows Vista it is located
... See more
The simple way is to open the Wordfast Setup panel, (i.e. the WF "f" icon on the toolbar or CTRL+ALT+W.)

Click on the "?" tag at the very end of the panel. There you should have a button labelled "Remove Wordfast". Click on it and voila, you should have a Wordfast free Word.

If this however does not work, you have to locate the Wordfast.dot template and delete it physically yourself. This all depends on the Operating System you're using. For Windows Vista it is located in the following folder:

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

For Windows XP it should be in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

I have no idea about Mac OS sorry.

In order to be able to find the above you must have View Hidden files or folders clicked in the folder options.

If you still can't find it then just use the search function in Windows for Wordfast.dot and delete it thus.

Hope I've helped.

[Edited at 2008-04-07 07:48]

[Edited at 2008-04-07 07:53]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to uninstall WF5.02?

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »