Thread poster: Szilas Cseh

Szilas Cseh
Serbia
Local time: 19:14
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 8, 2008

Here's my problem:

I finished translating a formatted document and I've just started proofreading it.
The text is formatted in the following way:

@Z_STYLE70 =
@Z_SEC1 = 2
@Head 1 = source text - translated text
@Z_SEC2 = 2.1
@Head 2 = source text - translated text
source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt.
etc...

The texts starting with '@' up until the '=' sign (i.e. @Z_STYLE70 =, @Z_SEC1 =, @Head 1 = and so on...) have been marked with Plus Tools as tw4win external styles and when I was doing the translation they were not appearing in the source text box. (Wordfast just skipped them and only the text next to the = sign appeared as the text to be translated.) The text following these was the source text.

The problem now is that when I open a segment, Wordfast disregards the twin4win style and it wants me to translate it as well (in the proofreading process it asks for the translation of @Z_STYLE70 = , @Z_SEC1 =, etc... instead of skipping them).

I had a similar document with the same formatting and the proofreading went fine then.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Szilas

[Edited at 2008-04-08 08:54]

Direct link Reply with quote

Szilas Cseh
Serbia
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new input Apr 8, 2008

Here's another anomaly...

When I use the "Alt + Up" shortcut, everything is fine (except of course that I can't proofread from bottom to top).
As far as I can tell, the problem manifests only with the "Alt + Down".

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Alt+down problem Apr 11, 2008

Check a parallel thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/100471-alt_+_down_shortcut_doesnt_work_with_update.html
Attila

Szilas Cseh
Serbia
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
got around the problem Apr 11, 2008

Thanks Attila!

I managed to get around the problem though by converting the *.doc format into *.docx (I'm using Word 2007 & Wordfast 5.52) and while a downgrade of both Wordfast and Word would probably solve the problem I don't want to mess around with it until I have finished working on this project.

Szilas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tw4win untranslatables appear when proofreading

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs