Szilas Cseh
Szilas Cseh
Serbia
Local time: 10:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 8, 2008

Here's my problem:

I finished translating a formatted document and I've just started proofreading it.
The text is formatted in the following way:

@Z_STYLE70 =
@Z_SEC1 = 2
@Head 1 = source text - translated text
@Z_SEC2 = 2.1
@Head 2 = source text - translated text
source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
... See more
Here's my problem:

I finished translating a formatted document and I've just started proofreading it.
The text is formatted in the following way:

@Z_STYLE70 =
@Z_SEC1 = 2
@Head 1 = source text - translated text
@Z_SEC2 = 2.1
@Head 2 = source text - translated text
source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt. source texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt - translated texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt.
etc...

The texts starting with '@' up until the '=' sign (i.e. @Z_STYLE70 =, @Z_SEC1 =, @Head 1 = and so on...) have been marked with Plus Tools as tw4win external styles and when I was doing the translation they were not appearing in the source text box. (Wordfast just skipped them and only the text next to the = sign appeared as the text to be translated.) The text following these was the source text.

The problem now is that when I open a segment, Wordfast disregards the twin4win style and it wants me to translate it as well (in the proofreading process it asks for the translation of @Z_STYLE70 = , @Z_SEC1 =, etc... instead of skipping them).

I had a similar document with the same formatting and the proofreading went fine then.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Szilas

[Edited at 2008-04-08 08:54]
Collapse

Szilas Cseh
Szilas Cseh
Serbia
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new input Apr 8, 2008

Here's another anomaly...

When I use the "Alt + Up" shortcut, everything is fine (except of course that I can't proofread from bottom to top).
As far as I can tell, the problem manifests only with the "Alt + Down".

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Alt+down problem Apr 11, 2008

Check a parallel thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/100471-alt_+_down_shortcut_doesnt_work_with_update.html
Attila

Szilas Cseh
Szilas Cseh
Serbia
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
got around the problem Apr 11, 2008

Thanks Attila!

I managed to get around the problem though by converting the *.doc format into *.docx (I'm using Word 2007 & Wordfast 5.52) and while a downgrade of both Wordfast and Word would probably solve the problem I don't want to mess around with it until I have finished working on this project.

Szilas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tw4win untranslatables appear when proofreading

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »