Merged Excel cells: too ambitious?
Thread poster: Alice Klingener
Alice Klingener
Alice Klingener  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:19
Swedish to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2008

I'm translating an annual report in Excel using Wordfast. I've discovered that WF is skipping over the merged cells that have the longer text sections. I've installed the April 17 WF 5.53 release, which is supposed to support merged cells, but still no luck. The merged cells are about 10-15 rows long and 10 columns wide. Perhaps they're just too large? Should I just do those sections in Word?

[Edited at 2008-04-19 03:33]

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use Werecat Apr 19, 2008

Werecat extracts your content to a wordfile and after translation back to excel.
Cheers
Heinrich

Alice Klingener
Alice Klingener  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:19
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Text files, not merged cells Apr 25, 2008

I just wanted to let people know that the problem cells weren't merged cells at all -- they were separate text files that the author of the document had stuck onto the spreadsheet. WordFast tech support helped me figure out the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merged Excel cells: too ambitious?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »