https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/103198-copy_quotes_of_segments_enclosed_in_quotes.html

Copy quotes of segments enclosed in quotes
Thread poster: Alessandro Orsi
Alessandro Orsi
Alessandro Orsi
Local time: 21:54
English to Italian
Apr 25, 2008

Hi,

I have a .doc document where all the segments are enclosed in quotes, like this:

«some text here»

«some other text here»

Is it possible to have Wordfast (I'm using v. 5.52z@ demo) copying only the quotes to the target segment when i press Alt+Down?

S: «some text here»
T: «»

Thanks!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One solution Apr 26, 2008

Alessandro Orsi wrote:
S: «some text here»
T: «»

I guess what you want is an easy way to have those quotes or not to have to type those quotes manually. Here are some options:

* Assign a shortcut key to that character. In MS Word 2000, it's Insert -> Symbol.

* Create a dummy style called "tw4winExternal" and apply that style to all the quotes. Wordfast will ignore the quotes and won't include them in the text to translate.

* Mark those quotes as "Marching Red Ants" and set it up as untranslatable in Wordfast's control panel. In MS Word 2000, it's Format -> Font -> Text Effects.

Alessandro Orsi
Alessandro Orsi
Local time: 21:54
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 26, 2008

Hi Samuel,

First solution is what I was using, but not really handy. Why typing in the target something you don't have to translate?

Second solution is what I used; didn't know about the "tw4winExternal", maybe because I never translated a tagged text? Worked flawlessy!

Third solution is the same as second one, I guess, but I didn't want to change the visual style of the original text.
<
... See more
Hi Samuel,

First solution is what I was using, but not really handy. Why typing in the target something you don't have to translate?

Second solution is what I used; didn't know about the "tw4winExternal", maybe because I never translated a tagged text? Worked flawlessy!

Third solution is the same as second one, I guess, but I didn't want to change the visual style of the original text.

Thanks again. It was a great help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy quotes of segments enclosed in quotes

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »