Wordfast 5.53 bugs, anyone noticed the same?
Thread poster: QUOI

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
May 17, 2008

I installed 5.53 yesterday and encountered a problem in segmentation. Wf displayed a message saying that tags were not correct and I could see nothing missing. After a few times I re-installed the old 5.52zu and there was no problem with the same text.
Do you have similar problems ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 04:56
Member (2007)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Same problem with text from email May 19, 2008

You didn't mention the original format of the text you were working on, but I had the same problem the other day with a text copied from the body of an email and pasted into Word. It seemed ok in Word, but then when I tried to clean up, Wordfast would not move from a segment displaying the same message about tags.

Maybe my pasted text retained some formatting from the email, which caused this problem. Next time I will definitely clear all formatting of a text extracted from an email before I start translating in Wordfast

I have no problems so far with Word texts. Hopefully there won't be any...

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can only assume May 19, 2008

The file I had problem with 5.53 was a Word .doc. If fact it had been translated in 5.52 and I reopened it in 5.53 for amendements.(Call me an update freak.) It still had all the tags. When I reverted back to 5.52, it was happy.So I can only assume that the latest wf version is somehow not comforatable with it somewhere.

I experienced your problem too in the past but usually with documents created on corporate/government templates. I believe this problem is mentioned in the user manual but can't recall exactly where. Save a file in text format usually clears all the evil stuff MS Word puts in a .doc

Kristina Mijic wrote:

You didn't mention the original format of the text you were working on, but I had the same problem the other day with a text copied from the body of an email and pasted into Word. It seemed ok in Word, but then when I tried to clean up, Wordfast would not move from a segment displaying the same message about tags.

Maybe my pasted text retained some formatting from the email, which caused this problem. Next time I will definitely clear all formatting of a text extracted from an email before I start translating in Wordfast

I have no problems so far with Word texts. Hopefully there won't be any...

[Edited at 2008-05-19 14:36]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5.53 bugs, anyone noticed the same?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums