Double entries in the TM
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 21, 2008

I have recently reorganized my TMs and merged together a lot of them.
I now notice that there are many double entries.

How can I eliminate those without doing it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:01
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Solution May 21, 2008

Click on the TM Editor icon, then choose the Translation Memory tab, click Tools, Special filters (never mind that it is gray), and choose Mark Redundant TUs (same source + target). WF will mark them and you can delete them all at the same time. You can then choose the filter "Mark Redundant TUs (same source)", and check those items that have multiple nonidentical translations.
Attila

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's great! May 21, 2008

Thank you, Attila!

I was not aware WF had this function and thought I needed an extra tool...

In my older version (4.22) I found the button "compress" on the TM tab which took me directly to this feature. It found really a lot of double entries. Then I had reorganized the whole thing, et voilà....!, it has got much thinner. Good for me and my PC...

Have a nice evening!

mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:01
English to Malay
+ ...
More details needed, please May 23, 2008

Hi! I was reading this thread and tried to clean up my double entries. Problem is when I open the txt file, I have no idea what the TM editor is. Can you pls help me with that.

Thanks
May

ilija5150
Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 17:01
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Ctrl+Alt+M twice Jun 10, 2008

mizuan wrote:

Hi! I was reading this thread and tried to clean up my double entries. Problem is when I open the txt file, I have no idea what the TM editor is. Can you pls help me with that.

Thanks
May

You do not need to enter the txt file. When you open Word simply open the WF ribbon and press the icon to the left of the WF Setup button (or simply press Ctrl+Alt+M x2 where you press M two times in quick succession). Then follow Attila's instructions above.

mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:01
English to Malay
+ ...
Thanks! Jun 18, 2008

Found it and will try it out soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Double entries in the TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs