Mobile menu

Can't import text from a PP file using Werecat
Thread poster: lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
English to French
Jun 5, 2008

Hi everybody,
I would like to know if it's possible to translate a PP document with Wordfast without having a PP software installed in the computer. I've read that it's possible to do so using Werecat. I downloaded the latest version. I followed the instructions and I can see the red and the blue pows on the Word document but everytime I click on one of them, I have a message telling me " The micro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings". I tried to disable the micros; I even changed the micro settings to low, to no avail!
What can I do to import the text and text boxes?
I have really no clue.
Any help is appreciated
Lila

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:17
English to Czech
Werecat won't work without PowerPoint installed Jun 5, 2008

Lila, you need to have PowerPoint installed to use Red Werecat (to work with a PowerPoint file). There's no way to do it without PowerPoint installed. Note that PowerPoint Viewer won't help either.

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
German to English
+ ...
Do you not have PowerPoint installed on your computer? Jun 5, 2008

If I properly understood what you said, you do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer. As far as I know, the procedure for using Werecat (and I have used it several times with no problems) requires you to first open the PowerPoint document you want to copy to Word before clicking the Werecat icon in the Word document. If you do not have PowerPoint installed, you cannot open the PowerPoint document, so it shouldn't be surprising that Werecat doesn't work.

If I misunderstood your situation, please advise me and we can see whether there is some other explanation for your problem.

lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to both of you Jun 5, 2008

Now I understand why I can't import the text from the PP doc. I have a PP viewer so I can actually open the file but the import is another thing.
Thanks a lot for your help
Lila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import text from a PP file using Werecat

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs