https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/107113-cant_import_text_from_a_pp_file_using_werecat.html

Can't import text from a PP file using Werecat
Thread poster: lila23
lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
English to French
Jun 5, 2008

Hi everybody,
I would like to know if it's possible to translate a PP document with Wordfast without having a PP software installed in the computer. I've read that it's possible to do so using Werecat. I downloaded the latest version. I followed the instructions and I can see the red and the blue pows on the Word document but everytime I click on one of them, I have a message telling me " The micro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings". I tried to di
... See more
Hi everybody,
I would like to know if it's possible to translate a PP document with Wordfast without having a PP software installed in the computer. I've read that it's possible to do so using Werecat. I downloaded the latest version. I followed the instructions and I can see the red and the blue pows on the Word document but everytime I click on one of them, I have a message telling me " The micro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings". I tried to disable the micros; I even changed the micro settings to low, to no avail!
What can I do to import the text and text boxes?
I have really no clue.
Any help is appreciated
Lila
Collapse

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:20
English to Czech
Werecat won't work without PowerPoint installed Jun 5, 2008

Lila, you need to have PowerPoint installed to use Red Werecat (to work with a PowerPoint file). There's no way to do it without PowerPoint installed. Note that PowerPoint Viewer won't help either.

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:20
German to English
+ ...
Do you not have PowerPoint installed on your computer? Jun 5, 2008

If I properly understood what you said, you do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer. As far as I know, the procedure for using Werecat (and I have used it several times with no problems) requires you to first open the PowerPoint document you want to copy to Word before clicking the Werecat icon in the Word document. If you do not have PowerPoint installed, you cannot open the PowerPoint document, so it shouldn't be surprising that Werecat doesn't work.

If I misunderstood
... See more
If I properly understood what you said, you do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer. As far as I know, the procedure for using Werecat (and I have used it several times with no problems) requires you to first open the PowerPoint document you want to copy to Word before clicking the Werecat icon in the Word document. If you do not have PowerPoint installed, you cannot open the PowerPoint document, so it shouldn't be surprising that Werecat doesn't work.

If I misunderstood your situation, please advise me and we can see whether there is some other explanation for your problem.
Collapse

lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to both of you Jun 5, 2008

Now I understand why I can't import the text from the PP doc. I have a PP viewer so I can actually open the file but the import is another thing.
Thanks a lot for your help
Lila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import text from a PP file using Werecat

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »