Automatic segment expansion
Thread poster: David Burrows

David Burrows  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:24
Spanish to English
Jun 12, 2008

Hello all,

When using Wordfast, my text is segmented after a colon (:) and I would like to know whether there is a way to make it automatically include text after a colon in the same segment (without having to use Alt + PageDown).
In the Setup I have seen the line {end-of-segment punctuation=: . } but I cannot seem to edit this to remove the colon.

Many thanks

David

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Not automatic, but a useful workaround... Jun 13, 2008

If you click on the + button on the WF toolbar (third from left), it will expand the segment to include the text after the colon up to the next segment break.

ilija5150
Macedonia (FYROM)
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Delete Colon from Setup Jun 16, 2008

Activate the Wordfast Setup panel. Click on Setup tag. In the General tab you should have several options. One of them should be "End-of-segment punctuation : . ! ? ^t". Double click it and a dialogue should appear. Delete the colon only and hit ok. This should do the trick.

If you ever decide that you would like segmentation to be done ending with colons, simply repeat the above by adding the colon mark.

[Edited at 2008-06-17 07:00]

[Edited at 2008-06-17 07:41]

David Burrows  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 18, 2008

Thank you both for your replies: it now works as I wanted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic segment expansion

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs