https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/108599-how_do_we_hide_the_source_text.html

How do we hide the source text
Thread poster: lila23
lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
English to French
Jun 24, 2008

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to read my translation without the source text but at the same time I don't want to clean-up the document yet. I looked in the manuel to see how I can do that but I didn't find any reference to this; unless I missed some points!
I remember in Trados, there was an icon that enabled hiding the source text. Is there such an option in Wordfast?:

Thanks in advance.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
French to English
+ ...
Crtl + comma Jun 24, 2008

Is the toggle which should do what you want. Press it once and it brings up the paragraph codes, then press it again to hide all codes and the source text. You can also do it via Tools Options View (untick hidden text), but Control comma is quicker!

HTH

Claire

lila23
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
How do I get my source back? Jun 24, 2008

Claire Cox wrote:

Is the toggle which should do what you want. Press it once and it brings up the paragraph codes, then press it again to hide all codes and the source text. You can also do it via Tools Options View (untick hidden text), but Control comma is quicker!

HTH

Claire
Thanks a lot Claire. Now if I want to show it again. How do I proceed?

Luciano Drusetta
Luciano Drusetta
Italy
Local time: 20:20
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Ctrl + Comma Jun 24, 2008

Once again.

Luciano

lila23
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I did that Jun 24, 2008

Luciano & Marianna Drusetta wrote:

Once again.

Luciano
I did that but , though I can see the source again, the text is full of strange characters.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
French to English
+ ...
Just press Alt down Jun 24, 2008

Hi Lila,

Just press Alt down as though you were going to edit the section and both the source and target texts will return as before. Then Alt end, of course, if you don't want to edit just then.

Claire

lila23
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent!!! Jun 24, 2008

Claire Cox wrote:

Hi Lila,

Just press Alt down as though you were going to edit the section and both the source and target texts will return as before. Then Alt end, of course, if you don't want to edit just then.

Claire
Thanks a lot Clara. It worked out perfectly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do we hide the source text

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »