Mobile menu

No TM update
Thread poster: Willnixe
Local time: 01:55
Jun 28, 2008

Hello everybody

I haven't used Wordfast for a long time but there is a problem that keeps occurring to me and which I find very annoying.

When I do a translation with Wordfast (Version 5.52y) it may happen that I have to change certain segments in the process of doing the translation. To be on the safe side, I re-open the respective segment, change it, close it and go back to where I was. Sometimes I also use the auto-translate function just in case I made changes in the translated part and forgot to update the TM.

Now it has occurred to me several times that Wordfast never accepted the updated segments. I sometimes have long translations with repeated sections, and what Wordfast gives me is the initial - and wrong! - translation which I had actually changed, but the system does not seem to accept the update.

Also, I always get only one 100% hit although sometimes I know I created two and I would like to choose the other one but Wordfast won't offer it.

Does anybody know what's going on and can help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

[Edited at 2008-06-28 17:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TM attributes Jun 29, 2008

Check how you set up your TM update rules. Just one possibility.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:55
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Wordfast license No. Jun 30, 2008

I met with this problem. After re-entering the Wordfast license No., the problem is gone.
However, matches/hittings of segments in Wordfast is low, I need to use Trados instead with the same TM and concordance in many instances.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No TM update

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs