Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:50
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 30, 2008

Dear Collegues
I would like to export a wordfast TM into TMX, as I have to use it together with a Trados TM and use the final TM with Tag Editor (unfortunately I cannot use Wordfast with PP files).
Thanks
Lucia

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
TM Editor Jun 30, 2008

Having the good active TM under Word, just open it with the TM Editor. Then click the Tools button and select Export TM as TMX in the Special filters. That's all.

Regards,

OM

[Modifié le 2008-06-30 16:26]

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Wf2Tmx Jun 30, 2008

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/files/

You can get it here ... scroll way down, it's almost at the bottom.

This would be the alternative to the standard procedure in the manual (in the TM editor, there's a filter for converting to TMX.) I was never able to get that filter to work, so I have been using the tool mentioned above.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 08:50
English to Thai
+ ...
Save as TMX in WordFast Jul 1, 2008

I find the TM editor in WF can export TM into TMX format successfully.
Click the TM Editor menu of WF, select Special filters, and scroll down to see Save as TMX.
After getting the file (with *.TMX extension), import to Trados Workbench.

Alternative method: Edit Unicode format of WF TM.
Open (Import) the TM in Excel (as tab delimited file). Select only Source and Target language columns and save as another tab delimited file. Run WinAlign or SDL Maintenance to cre
... See more
I find the TM editor in WF can export TM into TMX format successfully.
Click the TM Editor menu of WF, select Special filters, and scroll down to see Save as TMX.
After getting the file (with *.TMX extension), import to Trados Workbench.

Alternative method: Edit Unicode format of WF TM.
Open (Import) the TM in Excel (as tab delimited file). Select only Source and Target language columns and save as another tab delimited file. Run WinAlign or SDL Maintenance to create a TM to use with Trados.

Cheers,
Soonthon L.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can use Werecat-macro Jul 1, 2008

Werecat extracts the content of powerpoint file and puts it back after translation in Word (Wordfast or other).
Cheers
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting a WF TM into TMX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »