Mobile menu

Cleanup crashes word
Thread poster: Damian Harrison

Damian Harrison
Germany
Local time: 10:50
German to English
Jul 3, 2008

I am running the latest version of Wordfast together with Office XP SBE. I have been translating from an excel sheet via Word and whenever I try to perform a cleanup wordfast reports a 100% cleanup before crashing Word (Word freezes / Task Manager reads CPU usage of 60% and Cannot Contact).
When I re-open the doc I am back to my old uncleaned version...while the TM.txt has indeed been updated...
As my translation is safely stored in the Excel file it's not such a major problem, but will I have the same problem translating only in Word?
Is there something that I am missing here? Some setting or command perhaps?

Direct link Reply with quote

Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2007)
English to Croatian
+ ...
New version 5.53q Jul 3, 2008

A new version (5.53q) has been released a few days ago, which fixes this bug.

Quoted from the official site: "Service release on 5.53: better speed with tagged files with tables, MRAs, etc.
Bug fix: cleaning up files after PPT/XLS translation".

I therefore recommend you download the latest version

Damian Harrison
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 3, 2008

Thanks Kristina!
That did indeed solve the problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleanup crashes word

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs