+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 18, 2008

Hi!

I am starting to use WF and I seem to have a problem:

- I have created a TM;
- I have done some translation part already;
- The TM is active

When translating, Wordfast NEVER gives me a translation - or a sugestion - of words that I have done before.

Can you help?

Thanks

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 22:19
Have you created a glossary? Jul 18, 2008

Ligia Dias Costa wrote:

Hi!

I am starting to use WF and I seem to have a problem:

- I have created a TM;
- I have done some translation part already;
- The TM is active

When translating, Wordfast NEVER gives me a translation - or a sugestion - of words that I have done before.

Can you help?

Thanks

If you have created a glossary, the terms in your source text will be highlighted in blue. Than you can just copy it into the target.

TM only suggests a translation when the source sentence is an 100% match, or fuzzy match. I recken you probably have not come across such a sentence, given you have just started with Wordfast.

"For fuzzy propositions (whose analogy rate is between the "fuzzy threshold" defined in Wordfast and has a default value of 75, and 99), the target segment will be proposed against a yellow background" (Page 10 of the training manual)

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Jul 18, 2008

First of all thanks for answering. Yes, I have created a glossary. I have done 9 pages already and nothing appears highlighted!

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:19
English to Czech
TM translates segments, not words within segments Jul 18, 2008

The TM will help you if you translate repeated segments. Just try translating the same sentence several times. Does it work?

If you want Wordfast to help you with terminology repeated within segments, use the glossary, as suggested.

I recommend reading the Wordfast user manual (Appendix I explains how the TM works) and/or
... See more
The TM will help you if you translate repeated segments. Just try translating the same sentence several times. Does it work?

If you want Wordfast to help you with terminology repeated within segments, use the glossary, as suggested.

I recommend reading the Wordfast user manual (Appendix I explains how the TM works) and/or watching the videos at http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=video
Collapse

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Jul 18, 2008

How do glossaries work? I have created a glossary and words are not recognised..

P Forgas
P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:19
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Wordfast webinar Jul 19, 2008

Wordfast has a webinar in its site. It explains step by step all you need to know to start using wordfast.
This is what the mail I received says:

Discover how Wordfast can help you save time and money with just one hour and a few clicks. We are pleased to offer a recorded version of our Wordfast 5.5 Webinar on our website. Whether you are a new or existing Wordfast user, this one hour Webinar will prove beneficial and informative. We cover both basic and advanced features as w
... See more
Wordfast has a webinar in its site. It explains step by step all you need to know to start using wordfast.
This is what the mail I received says:

Discover how Wordfast can help you save time and money with just one hour and a few clicks. We are pleased to offer a recorded version of our Wordfast 5.5 Webinar on our website. Whether you are a new or existing Wordfast user, this one hour Webinar will prove beneficial and informative. We cover both basic and advanced features as well as some lesser-known tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Wordfast. To join the Webinar at anytime, click http://www.swiftpage6.com/SpeClicks.aspx?Acc=Wordfast.kmarrero&SPCED=C080703132600&LNK=1&UId=35424
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast TM

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »