Thread poster: Todd Field

Todd Field  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:25
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
Aug 8, 2008

I’m running WordFast 5.53 with Windows Vista and have the following question:

Where can I activate the glossary cross-reference function as part of WordFast’s QC process? In other words, the feature that highlights the glossary entry in the source text when you open a segment, and warns you if the corresponding glossary entry is not found in the target text when you go to close the segment?

I’ve been all over the WordFast tabs and user guide, and am having trouble finding where to activate this feature in version 5.53.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:25
French to English
5.52 Aug 8, 2008

I use 5.52, and it's on the "terminology" tab, right below the reorganize button I have two check boxes (QC and fuzzy terminology).

Make sure that "this glossary is active" as well

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with WordFast glossary check in QC function

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs