https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/113795-memory_mode_does_not_show_up.html

Memory mode does not show up
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 28, 2008

I would like to use memory mode to see the differences between the current source segment and the previoisly translated segment for fuzzy matches.
But when I select the Memory mode from the Wordfast menu or press Shift+Alt+M, a box pops off telling me that memory mode is on and if I want to switch it off.
No matter how many times I switch it on or off, nothing changes. I get only the normal two boxes for source and target.
Previously I sometimes managed to use Memory mode, but
... See more
I would like to use memory mode to see the differences between the current source segment and the previoisly translated segment for fuzzy matches.
But when I select the Memory mode from the Wordfast menu or press Shift+Alt+M, a box pops off telling me that memory mode is on and if I want to switch it off.
No matter how many times I switch it on or off, nothing changes. I get only the normal two boxes for source and target.
Previously I sometimes managed to use Memory mode, but don't remember, how I got it working.
Help!
Heinrich
Collapse

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:54
English to Czech
Press Ctrl+Alt+M Aug 28, 2008

Ctrl+Alt+M will hopefully help.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks David, Aug 28, 2008

you saved my day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memory mode does not show up

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »