Tremendous WF conflict with MS Outlook 2003
Thread poster: Fabiene Rocha

Fabiene Rocha  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2008

I've recently migrated from Outlook Express to MS Outlook (2003) which uses Word as word processor. The WordFast icon appears at the top left-hand corner of every message.
Now I've found out that Outlook doesn't work at all properly if I have a WF file open. The delete and backspace keys prompt a SAVE/ CLOSE/ CANCEL dialogue box every time they are pressed. The mouse is disabled, doesn't work. And if Outlook is open I cannot open any Word file, it doesn't work.
Has anyone experienced anything similar ? Is there a solution ??
Have I done anything wrong ?
Is there a way to sever this connection between the two programs ??

Thank you very much for your time and attention

Direct link Reply with quote

Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:54
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
A workaround Sep 2, 2008

A quick workaround would be to prevent MS Outlook from using MS Word to edit messages. This is done through Tools -> Options -> Mail format.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tremendous WF conflict with MS Outlook 2003

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs