Thread poster: La Classe
La Classe
La Classe  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:37
French to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2008

Hello!

I have extracted a powerpoint file with the help of a software "werecat". I have completed the translation.
Now, I am unable to clean the document, even I have click on blue paw.

Please guide me how to retain the target language in Powerpoint.

I am sure there is some idea behind it.

Thanks in advance
Manohar ROSHAN

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Red paw Sep 24, 2008

Red Werecat extracts text from PowerPoint to Word. Blue Werecat extracts text from texboxes and similar objects (shapes) from Word documents.
So with powerpoint you use the red macro.
Cheers
Heinrich

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:07
French to English
+ ...
Same file names Sep 24, 2008

Make sure you keep the same file names too - if you rename the original Powerpoint document after you've extracted the text, or the Word file after you've translated it, you won't be able to send it back. Take care too that you don't remove any of the Werecat placeholders or it won't know where to send it too. Similarly, if you end up with a bad segment, it won't recognise it and text extraction will stop. It all sounds very scary, but in practice it usually runs smoothly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to extract a file from Werecat to Powerpoint

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »