Mikolaj Rasmussen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:40
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2008

Hi,
All Polish signs are rendered in SlimSun (Asian) instead of the source font of Arial when sent back to PPT file after translation in Wf. What is worse I cannot change them back manually, as this function does not seem to work in PPT. Can anyone help?

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
OpenOffice.org Impress may help Oct 1, 2008

Try to load your file into Impress and change the font. It works sometimes.

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Try font replacement Oct 1, 2008

Mikolaj, it's a PowerPoint oddity. Open the PPT file in PowerPoint. Select "Replace font" from the "Format" menu. Choose SimSun in the first drop-down list ("Replace") and Arial in the second drop-down list ("With"). Click "Replace". Does this help? If it does, let us know. I'll add this as a tip on the Werecat site.

Mikolaj Rasmussen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No possibility to chose Arial in the Replace with field Oct 1, 2008

The replace field is populated only with fonts which sound Asian to me whem SimSun is chosen in the fileld Replace.
When I force Arial by typing it in, there is a messages saying: you have chose a double digit font to replace a sigle digit font....

Jana Zajicova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Czech: same problem Oct 1, 2008

I have the same problem. 80 slides in this file and a few other PPT files to go.

I spent quite a bit of time on it several weeks ago but Wordfast was not involved back then - the client inserted my Word translations manually into a very short PPT file and asked me to do something about the fonts. After a lot of fruitless experimenting, I had no other choice but to click next to each garbled Czech letter, type it correctly and delete the ugly one.

The "Replace font" trick unfortunately does not work and it's even worse: You can't even select a part of the text on the same slide and change the font in the Format menu bar (the one with icons) although the list of fonts available is exhaustive (unlike the "Replace font" function in the Menu format, which only has a couple of Asian fonts in the target field, as Mikolaj mentioned).

I really hope someone helps us fix this because the prospect of replacing letters manually in such a huge file is somewhat frustrating.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Werecat -font of the Polish signs changed on sending back from Word to PPT

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs