Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

help for uninstalling Wordfast
Thread poster: xxxjacana54
xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Some time ago I installed a trial version of Wordfast.

Nowadays I have purchased and use Metatexis, and every time I start a project, I de-activate Wordfast.

This has worked perfectly so far, but today Wordfast keeps popping up and making my document crash.

So I looked in a previous Forum and followed the advice: Windows key + F, then looked for wordfast.dot, (which appeared under Applications) and deleted that. Rebooted the computer.

To my surprise, Wordfast is still there! and it's been interrupting my work all afternoon.

Please excuse my being so stupid, but can anybody suggest what else I should do to get rid of it?

(I also looked under "My PC - all programs" and I can't see it there).

Many thanks to all!

Lucía

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:56
French to English
Some ideas Oct 6, 2008

If your trial version is relatively recent, you may have a button to "uninstall" wordfast. Look on the "F" button of the wordfast menu, then click on the very last "?" tab. If you have a recent version, you will see it there.

If not, maybe you need to search for "wordfast.dot" again (using the windows search files function, including in hidden folders). Perhaps it was saved twice on your computer, so you need to delete it again?

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 7, 2008

Brilliant, Lori, your first suggestion appears to have worked.

Thank you!

Lucía

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help for uninstalling Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums