Keyboard difficulty with wordfast
Thread poster: Sergio Lozano
Sergio Lozano
Sergio Lozano
Mexico
Local time: 21:18
Spanish to English
Oct 13, 2008

I have been working with wordfast for some time and have not had trouble. However, I put the .dot file into anothetr computer, but I can´t make the key commands for placeables or other features work. I can only enter placeables, etc. using the toolbar. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and do you know if there is a solution? Thanks for any help.
I am working with Word 2003 and wordfast 5.53.

[Edited at 2008-10-13 17:30]

[Edited at 2008-10-13 17:31]

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:18
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Shortcuts may be reserved by some other macro Oct 14, 2008

I had such problems when I had both WordFast and Trados installed in my Word. Trados overrides WordFast and takes the shortcuts. The same thing is when you have Trados and Logoport at the same time, but it is much easier, because, though they use the same shortcuts, they remove each other from the memory when launched... Try reassigning shortcuts in WordFast setup and in Word Toolbars Setup (stored in normal.dot).
No more ideas... Each PC is... enigma...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard difficulty with wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »