Conversion of Trados TM to Wordfast - MAC
Thread poster: angharad williams
angharad williams  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2008

Hi,

I have various Trados TMs that are in need of conversion so that I can use them in Wordfast.

I have already tried downloading Olifant on my mac and it appears as a non-executable file. On my pc, it has installed successfully. However I am still unable to get it convert the tm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Angharad

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You need tmx-export from Trados Oct 17, 2008

No other application than Trados Wordbench can convert native tmw-files. You need to have Trados to export the stuff into tmx-format, which is interchangeable. Ask your customer to do it.
Regards
Heinrich

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:16
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I agree Oct 17, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
No other application than Trados Wordbench can convert native tmw-files. You need to have Trados to export the stuff into tmx-format, which is interchangeable. Ask your customer to do it.

+1

angharad williams  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Assistance Oct 17, 2008

Many thanks gentlemen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion of Trados TM to Wordfast - MAC

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs