https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/119672-importing_tm_from_trados_to_wordfast.html

Importing TM from Trados to WordFast
Thread poster: Dagmar Broberg
Dagmar Broberg
Dagmar Broberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:52
Swedish to Slovak
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

Dear All,

I appreciat your help on this.
I work on a translation that should be done in either Trados or WordFast, I only have WordFast. Now the agency wants to help me and sent me their TM as 5 files with endings iix, mdf, mtf, tmw plus one Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control. I cannot open them in WordFast so they are useless for me. Is it possible to do it?
Thank you very much for advice.

Dagmar

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:52
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No way Nov 3, 2008

Those files are Trados own TM format that cannot be used with Wordfast. Ask them to send you a TM in TMX format or as uncleaned files.

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
contact the agency Nov 3, 2008

and ask them to provide a tmx format. That doesn't seem to be much work - but you will be able to use the memory without any problems.

Simon Mountifield
Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
French to English
TMX Nov 3, 2008

Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on t
... See more
Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on the subject, such as:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/118187-importing_tmx_file_into_existing_memory.html

HTH,

Simon
Collapse

Dagmar Broberg
Sweden
Swedish to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much. Nov 3, 2008

I appreciate your time, I'll contact the agency.

Dagmar Broberg
Sweden
Swedish to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for your time Nov 15, 2008

Simon Mountifield wrote:

Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on the subject, such as:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/118187-importing_tmx_file_into_existing_memory.html

HTH,

Simon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TM from Trados to WordFast

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »