https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/122260-new_wordfast_60_pre_release_version_available.html

New Wordfast 6.0 Pre-release Version Available
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:32
Dec 3, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that we have a new Wordfast 6.0 build available for download on our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . There have been several improvements which you can read about in the release notes. Please also check out the known issues document when you download the program. If you already have the trial license installed, it will
... See more
Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that we have a new Wordfast 6.0 build available for download on our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . There have been several improvements which you can read about in the release notes. Please also check out the known issues document when you download the program. If you already have the trial license installed, it will carry over; no need to reinstall. As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wordfast LLC

[Edited at 2008-12-03 22:09 GMT]
Collapse

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Thank you! Dec 3, 2008

Kindly move the full stop outside the hyperlink - it breaks it.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
User Manual Dec 4, 2008

It would be nice to have an User Manual for the 6.0 version. I still can't find how to carry out a concordance search.

[Editado a las 2008-12-04 15:39 GMT]

Mark Daniels
Mark Daniels  Identity Verified
Serbian to English
+ ...
Interesting... Dec 10, 2008

I am certainly very interested and am testing at the moment.

One thing that is just dawning on me is that WF6.0 does not integrate with Word, right? Rather, it is a standalone editor something like T** Ed****, if you'll pardon the comparison. And anyone wanting the Word integration would have to continue using WF5.x?

I would like to move over to Linux, but unfortunately it would seem that I won't be able to do so with WF6.0 since I MUST have the Word (OpenOffice?) integ
... See more
I am certainly very interested and am testing at the moment.

One thing that is just dawning on me is that WF6.0 does not integrate with Word, right? Rather, it is a standalone editor something like T** Ed****, if you'll pardon the comparison. And anyone wanting the Word integration would have to continue using WF5.x?

I would like to move over to Linux, but unfortunately it would seem that I won't be able to do so with WF6.0 since I MUST have the Word (OpenOffice?) integration - there is almost no document where I do not need to make changes directly to the Word document (adding comments, formatting text differently to the source etc.)

Perhaps you can fill us in a bit on this, and perhaps let us know of any plans for the future in this regard. My ultimate aim would be a combination of Linux + OpenOffice + Wordfast (+ some speech recognition software!), but I am guessing that is a little way down the road.

Thanks,

Mark
Collapse

Vladislav Badalov
Vladislav Badalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:33
Russian to English
+ ...
Word integration desperately needed!... Dec 10, 2008

I fully agree, Mark!

I also work with documents that need the WF5 version. Sometimes, both translation and editing are required within one single document with alternate use of two memories. And I have to watch the real document all the time to prevent possible damage. If WF finally stops developing WF5, I will simply have to stick to the latest version. Let's encourage (if not beg) Yves & Co. to go on with WF5!
... See more
I fully agree, Mark!

I also work with documents that need the WF5 version. Sometimes, both translation and editing are required within one single document with alternate use of two memories. And I have to watch the real document all the time to prevent possible damage. If WF finally stops developing WF5, I will simply have to stick to the latest version. Let's encourage (if not beg) Yves & Co. to go on with WF5!

Best,

vlad
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:33
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification on Wordfast 5.5 and Wordfast 6.0 Dec 10, 2008

Based on some of the questions on this forum, I wanted to clarify a few things about Wordfast. Wordfast 5.5 (now known as Wordfast Classic) is our MS Word-based version which integrates directly inside MS Word and does not require any additional applications or extensions. Wordfast 6.0 is a standalone environment that can run on Windows, Mac, or Linux without relying on MS Word at all. Both of these products will coexist and continue to be developed going forward. Wordfast Classic WILL NOT B... See more
Based on some of the questions on this forum, I wanted to clarify a few things about Wordfast. Wordfast 5.5 (now known as Wordfast Classic) is our MS Word-based version which integrates directly inside MS Word and does not require any additional applications or extensions. Wordfast 6.0 is a standalone environment that can run on Windows, Mac, or Linux without relying on MS Word at all. Both of these products will coexist and continue to be developed going forward. Wordfast Classic WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED OR REPLACED by Wordfast 6.0. Wordfast customers will simply have the choice to work in whichever environment they prefer. You can install and run both versions simultaneously, and use them interchangeably based on your project needs and individual preferences.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wordfast LLC
Collapse

Vladislav Badalov
Vladislav Badalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:33
Russian to English
+ ...
The most recent WF5 version Dec 12, 2008

Kristyna, thank you for the clarification!

Our (or at least my) concerns are only due to the fact that the most recent WF5 version was issued as far back as 26 June (!)

malgo_lem
malgo_lem  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
user manual Dec 12, 2008

I'm just starting using the 6.0 version and I must say I'm also missing a user manual

[Edited at 2008-12-12 11:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Wordfast 6.0 Pre-release Version Available

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »