Mobile menu

Problem with a Chinese>English TM in Wordfast
Thread poster: jeanschumy
jeanschumy
Chinese to Italian
Dec 4, 2008

hello, I made a TM with a source language of Chinese and a target language as English with +tool, then I saved it as a TXT. however, when I used it to translate the Chinese article, which was made into the TM, the match score is 0%, which should have been 100%. Did I set up the software right? what's the problem?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-12-05 10:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:25
Member (2006)
French to English
check language codes, save as unicode Dec 5, 2008

Dear Jean,

Make sure you used the right language codes (see manual) and double check that you saved the TM as unicode.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll need to provide more info. about your OS, WF and Word version.

Good luck,

John

jeanschumy
Chinese to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 6, 2008

John,

Think you so much! I've solved my problem.:)

Jean

John Di Rico wrote:

Dear Jean,

Make sure you used the right language codes (see manual) and double check that you saved the TM as unicode.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll need to provide more info. about your OS, WF and Word version.

Good luck,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with a Chinese>English TM in Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs