Thread poster: Martha Schwan
Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:07
French to English
off topic Dec 16, 2008

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I was able to install 6.0 last weekend and create a project, open a file and translate, all without reading the instructions but I couldn't figure out how to cleanup, even after reading the instructions.

My WordFast 6.0 trial version also cannot cleanup files after the 1st translation session. the PM button [for file cleanup] is not functional.

Soonthon L.

Here the PM button works, but when I navigate to the file to be cleaned up, it doesn't recognize it as being selected and gives me an error message. I didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out, I may have done something wrong. I will finish reading the instructions before making any drastic decisions In the meantime, 5.52 is just fine for me.

Clean Up Questions Dec 17, 2008

[quote]Lori Cirefice wrote:

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I was able to install 6.0 last weekend and create a project, open a file and translate, all without reading the instructions but I couldn't figure out how to cleanup, even after reading the instructions.

My WordFast 6.0 trial version also cannot cleanup files after the 1st translation session. the PM button [for file cleanup] is not functional.

Soonthon L.

Hi All,

Are you analyzing the file in the PM plug-in, translating it, then trying to clean it up? If you are just opening the file in the TXML Editor perspective then there is no need to clean it up. After translation simply to go to FILE->Save Translated File and it will be clean.

If you are analyzing the file in the PM Plug-in, then translating the TXML file created from the PM Plug-in you should have no problem cleaning it up.

Let me know exactly what steps you are going through and I can hopefully clear this up!

Regards
Hillary Lindsay
Wordfast LLC

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:07
French to English
thanks Dec 17, 2008

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

If you are just opening the file in the TXML Editor perspective then there is no need to clean it up. After translation simply to go to FILE->Save Translated File and it will be clean.

Ah ha, I see - thanks! So simple that it's tricky, I was switching from the TXML Editor to the PM view, thinking I "needed" to clean up. I will finish reading the instructions, promise!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast seems unusable

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »