Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
New Wordfast Pro 6.0 Release Available
Thread poster: Wordfast Support
Jan 1, 2009

I am pleased to announce that we have a new Wordfast Pro 6.0 build available for download on our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . There are several improvements to this build which are detailed in the release notes. Please also review the known issues document when you download the program.

There is a trial license that expires on January 31st, 2009 available at this location as well. Please download this file and the instructions on how to install the license. If you are ready to buy Wordfast please visit us at www.wordfast.com . If you have already purchased a license, we will be posting information about how to retrieve your license in the upcoming weeks. That license will expire 3 years from the date of your purchase, per our end user license agreement.

Thank you and have a great New Year!

Hillary Lindsay
Wordfast LLC
1300 Eye Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
P/ +1-202-682-7092
F/ +1-202-403-3512
M/ +1-646-415-0103
www.wordfast.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:57
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Thank you, Hillary Jan 1, 2009

And what further actions should be taken regarding the licence? I own WF Classic, should I re-licence?

Thank you,
Natalia

Sabrina Ciserchia  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Expiration date Jan 2, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

That license will expire 3 years from the date of your purchase, per our end user license agreement.

I have read your end user license agreement before buying the license, but I thought the expiration date applied only for re-licensing (i.e., if I still use the same PC and don't need to re-license after these 3 years I could still use the software without upgrading to newer versions). Or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Sabrina

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is it actually ready for release? Jan 3, 2009

After reading the "Known Issues" page, I wonder why you are selling a product that is not ready for sale. Non-functional shortcuts and find-and-replace freezing? Those are major issues, not just small glitches. They speak more about a pre-release version, not about something ready for serious work.

Besides, if you expect users helping you to identify and fix those "known issues" (and God knows how many "unknown issues"), shouldn't you wait until have all of those fixed before start running the 3-years limit time?

[Editado a las 2009-01-03 23:14 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 03:57
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
It's not good at all! Jan 14, 2009

It's a totally half-baked product, not ready for serious, professional use.
I do not know why they released it!
You can do almost nothing. There is not even a keyboard shortcut for accessing the glossary! It's not an improvement at all, compared to the classic Wordfast (and don't start the "it's not supposed to replace Wordfast classic" stuff...).
Currently, there is free software that can do a better job than Wordfast Pro. And anyway, who thought it should be tagged as Wordfast "Pro" instead of Wordfast "6.0"? This makes it look even more ridiculous...

Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
WFP Re-licensing Jan 14, 2009

Sabrina Ciserchia wrote:

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

That license will expire 3 years from the date of your purchase, per our end user license agreement.

I have read your end user license agreement before buying the license, but I thought the expiration date applied only for re-licensing (i.e., if I still use the same PC and don't need to re-license after these 3 years I could still use the software without upgrading to newer versions). Or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

With WFP you would need to re-license the product after 3 years or it will only work in Demonstration mode. Wordfast Classic (WFC) will continue to run as you suggest on the same PC.

Regards,
Hillary

Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
WFC License Holders Jan 14, 2009

Natalie wrote:

And what further actions should be taken regarding the licence? I own WF Classic, should I re-licence?

Thank you,
Natalia

Hi Natalia,

As a WFC license holder you are able to request and license WFP at no extra charge.

The first step is to download WFP from www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . Navigate to Help->License Management and make note of your install number. You can then log-in to our support system at http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=aftersale . After you log-in you will see an option to "License an Application". After you insert your install number from above you will select Generate License. You will shortly receive an email (or you can download immediately) with the license file and instructions on how to activate your WFP with this license.

Regards,
Hillary

Wordfast Support
English
TOPIC STARTER
Glossary Shortcuts Jan 14, 2009

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:
There is not even a keyboard shortcut for accessing the glossary

Hi Epameinondas,

After you have set-up your glossary into your project (by Navigating Terminology->New/Select Terminology) you can access the terms in your glossary by the shortcut keys. You have the ability to change your shortcut keys but by default the glossary shortcut keys are CTRL+ALT+8/9/0 representing Previous Term/Next Term/Copy term respectively.

Regards,
Hillary

Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
I don't mean that! Jan 15, 2009

CTRL+ALT+8/9/0 representing Previous Term/Next Term/Copy term

Obviously, I don't mean that! It would be outrageous if even these shortcuts did not exist! I mean the Ctrl+Alt+T used in Wordfast Classic for adding new Terms... Now there is no quick method for adding new terms. You have to click on the button and then type the terms. Moreover, what happened to the fuzzy recognition asterisks (*)? They were so useful but Wordfast "Pro" does not seem to recognize them...

What a crippled product they released! I bet they're going down in popularity in 2009. And I am already thinking of buying MemoQ...

kyoto
Switzerland
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Basic query Feb 3, 2009

Hillary

I am just moving into the Cat field and have only looked briefly at the existing WordFast (I run a Mac). Should I focus on the new Pro version and forget the Classic?

Thanks

Dave

Bubo Coromandus

Spanish to English
Query about "WFC License Holders" Apr 18, 2009

I bought my license on 25 May 2008 and am located in Spain. I just emailed the hotline and asked how I can use WFP as a licensed user. Reply was "Download Wordfast Professional from http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html and then perform normal re-licensing procedure at http://www.wordfast.com/store_relicensing.html."

I did the downloading then started the re-licensing procedure. I had the option of entering an install number for either Professional or Classic. Not understanding the process, I ended up with the following message: For the Wordfast Classic install# 8732xxxx, the new license number is 0712xxxx. So I have a new license number for WFC but have done nothing with it as yet.

Can you please tell me how to get out of my current mess (should I do something with the license number I just generated or just keep a note of it?) before I follow the instructions you gave to Natalia. Thanks so much!

Bubo Coromandus

Spanish to English
Rest of my message just posted (got truncated at a URL) Apr 19, 2009

... and then perform normal re-licensing procedure at [here appears store_relicensing URL, I won't copy it unless it causes the message to truncate again]."

I got in a mess because I didn't understand what I was supposed to be trying to achieve. I ended up receiving the following message: "For the Wordfast Classic install# 8732xxxx, the new license number is 0712xxxx".

I haven't done anything since then. Do I need to do something with the new license number before I start following the instructions you gave Natalia? Thanks for your timely help.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:57
Obtaining your Wordfast Pro license Apr 20, 2009

Hi Deborah,

All existing license holders can install and license Wordfast Pro for free. The instructions to do so our found on our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html .

Based on your message, it looks like what you may have done is entered your install number in the Wordfast Classic box instead of the Wordfast Pro box. Please follow the procedure again and make certain that you are licensing the correct application (in your case, Wordfast Pro) and that you entering the correct install number for that application.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
April update? Apr 21, 2009

So, where's the much awaited April update of Wordfast Pro? And since the development of Wordfast Classic has already reached version 5.60, why don't you release it and still keep it as a beta?

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:57
NEW WORDFAST PRO AND WORDFAST CLASSIC Apr 21, 2009

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

So, where's the much awaited April update of Wordfast Pro?

The new Wordfast Pro release will be available at the end of this week. We will make an announcement on the Proz.com forum as well as the Wordfast website.

And since the development of Wordfast Classic has already reached version 5.60, why don't you release it and still keep it as a beta?

We are finalizing some of the features, but WFC 5.60 will be out of beta and officially released very soon, perhaps as soon as tonight.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Wordfast Pro 6.0 Release Available

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs