Mobile menu

After disabling QC, Spellcheck still remains
Thread poster: Deborah Hoffman
Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 02:50
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 1, 2009

I'm using Wordsfast 5.53q via Word 2003. Several days ago I enabled Wordfast's QC function by the path Setup>Tools>Setup>QC because I hadn't used it before. I went to disable it using the very same strategy, but I still cannot get rid of this dang spellchecker.

I have un-enabled it per the Wordfast manual instructions. I have also done it via Word using Tools>Options>Spelling & Grammar>uncheck and Tools>Options and Tools>Language>Set Language>Do not check spelling or grammar.

Every time I press Alt-down after translating a segment the Spellcheck pops up again and I have to manually close it. Every. Single. Segment.

Please help! This is a major time waster!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:50
Spanish to English
My suggestion Jan 1, 2009

Have you tried checking the Terminology tabs in wordfast? There is a QC box there where every now and then a tick appears there magically and causes this problem. Untick it and the problem should go away.

Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 02:50
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
argh Jan 1, 2009

Thank you Lesley...I'm not seeing any QC under Terminology. Under the Terminology tab I only have Glossary 1, Glossary 2, Glossary 3, Blacklist, Reference, Other. Maybe it's due to which version I have, I don't know. If there is a second QC tab besides the one under setup I would love to find it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After disabling QC, Spellcheck still remains

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs