How does wordfast 5.5.3 highlighted the terms in the glossory?
Thread poster: Cecilia Zhou
Cecilia Zhou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:01
Chinese
+ ...
Jan 7, 2009

I recently start to learn and use wordfast 5.5.3. The user manual says that "In a new document with some text that includes any of the source terms listed above (like "work, "country" etc), start a translation session. Normally, these terms should be highlighted in light blue when a source segment includes them. This means that Wordfast has recognised that these terms are present in the glossary #1. "

But when i have created a terminlogy and impot it into the wordfast and recognize it. The terms are not highlighted. I cannot find the reasion. I do a Chinese-English translation.

Can anyone kindly give me a hint, thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:01
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I suspect, it is about Chinese Jan 7, 2009

Please, read CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) in the manual for more details.

Cecilia Zhou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:01
Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It still does not work Jan 8, 2009

thanks your reply, i have looked through the "CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)", and changed the route and unicode setting of the glossory and files.

I have tried the English-French translaiton, and it sitll does not work, the terms are not highlighted in the source.

As my system is a Chinese system, the name of the disc is in Chinese name,
like "本地磁盘 C“. Is this the root reason?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does wordfast 5.5.3 highlighted the terms in the glossory?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs