Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
HTML in Wordfast 6
Thread poster: David Turnbull
David Turnbull
David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:34
Russian to English
Feb 1, 2009

Has anyone used html files with Wordfast 6? If I open the PM perspecive , HTML is shown as a default configuration . However if I try to open an html file, the program doesn't see it in the folder if "all supported files" is selceted. If I select "all files" , it sees the html file but when I try to open it , I am told "unsupported document format.

Trying to set up formats, if I try to add html, I am told "configuration name already exists"

Incidentally the html file
... See more
Has anyone used html files with Wordfast 6? If I open the PM perspecive , HTML is shown as a default configuration . However if I try to open an html file, the program doesn't see it in the folder if "all supported files" is selceted. If I select "all files" , it sees the html file but when I try to open it , I am told "unsupported document format.

Trying to set up formats, if I try to add html, I am told "configuration name already exists"

Incidentally the html files I am experimenting with are web pages "saved as ...." and under "properties" it cinfirms they are html files
Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:34
French to German
+ ...
HTML not supported by Wordfast 6 Feb 1, 2009

Hello,
I tried it and it seems that Wordfast 6 does not support HTML.

Laurent K.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:34
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Just ignoring it? Feb 1, 2009

When I work on pages full of tags, Wordfast just ignore the tags and only show me what I need to translate. That goes for most of it. Sometimes though I get some tags in the middle of a sentence, so I have to copy them into the line and work my way around it when translating...

Have you actually tried to translate a file with tags with Wordfast?

Good luck!
Dinny

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
I haven't got as far as the tags Feb 1, 2009

Dinny, thanks for the input , but.....
I haven't tried it because unfortunately I couldn't get Wordfast to accept the file with tags (the html file). Presumably, your file with tags is an html file and you have worked out how to import it?

HTML Support in Wordfast 6 Feb 2, 2009

Hi All,

First you must convert your HTML file to TXML format. This is done in the PM Perspective plug-in.

Analyze->Add Files->Chose your files
Select TM, if available
Analyze

This will create your TXML files in the same folder as your Source HTML files. You can then open the TXML files in the TXML editor perspective and translate them. When you are done with translation save your TXML files and return to the PM Plug-in

Clean-up->A
... See more
Hi All,

First you must convert your HTML file to TXML format. This is done in the PM Perspective plug-in.

Analyze->Add Files->Chose your files
Select TM, if available
Analyze

This will create your TXML files in the same folder as your Source HTML files. You can then open the TXML files in the TXML editor perspective and translate them. When you are done with translation save your TXML files and return to the PM Plug-in

Clean-up->Add files->choose your files
Update TM, if you choose
Cleanup

This will create your translated HTML files in the same folder as previously mentioned.

Regards,
Hillary
Collapse

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
getting at the files Feb 3, 2009

Thank you, Hillary.
However, I have not yet succeeded in converting the files.
Analyze>Add files>Default configuration html (add file from subfolders checked)>choose folder ...gives me the folder but I can't get at the files..... and clicking analyze without the files showing tells me "analyze settings are missing"

Selecting files in PM Plug-in Feb 3, 2009

uei wrote:

Thank you, Hillary.
However, I have not yet succeeded in converting the files.
Analyze>Add files>Default configuration html (add file from subfolders checked)>choose folder ...gives me the folder but I can't get at the files..... and clicking analyze without the files showing tells me "analyze settings are missing"

After the folder appears in the Analyze window you must click the + sign. The files will then show up and you can check the boxes of the files you would like to select.

Best
Hillary

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
if only... Feb 3, 2009

I would but there is no + sign, only a solid arrowhead alongside the folder which, if you click it once, sends a blue flash across the screen. If you click it a second time, it disappears

PM Plug-in File Selection Feb 3, 2009

uei wrote:

I would but there is no + sign, only a solid arrowhead alongside the folder which, if you click it once, sends a blue flash across the screen. If you click it a second time, it disappears

What Operating System are you running? Can you send me a screenshot ?

Best
Hillary

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
operating system Feb 4, 2009

I'm using Vista. I sent a screenshot. Hope this helps

Sylvie Eschkotte (X)
Sylvie Eschkotte (X)
Germany
German to French
XP Feb 4, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

What Operating System are you running? Can you send me a screenshot ?

uei wrote:

I'm using Vista. I sent a screenshot. Hope this helps

I have exactly the similar problem with XP pack 3

Sylvie

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
help? Feb 5, 2009

Can you offer any help, Hillary? In the meantime I can't use the software in the way I need to

Leonardo La Malfa
Leonardo La Malfa  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
A trouble shared... Feb 5, 2009

uei wrote:

Can you offer any help, Hillary? In the meantime I can't use the software in the way I need to

No worries, you're in good company!

Screenshots to Supprot Feb 6, 2009

uei wrote:

I am still waiting for the screenshots to be sent to [email protected] so that I can better understand what is going on.

Thanks,
Hillary

David Turnbull
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
progress? Feb 11, 2009

Hillary,
Now that you've had the screenshot for a while, are you making any progress towards our being able to use Wordfast 6 with HTML? (It looks like it's not just me with the problem and not just Vista)

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML in Wordfast 6

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »