Mihaela Buruiana  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:46
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm using W/F, version 5.53q, and I have the following problem: when I translate from a foreign language into Romanian, W/F suggests a version of the memorized segment, but without the diacritical marks. So, each time, I have to replace certain letters, which is rather annoying. I don't seem to have this problem when I translate into French, for example. Accents are right where they're supposed to be.
I was wondering whether you could point out to me the right se
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm using W/F, version 5.53q, and I have the following problem: when I translate from a foreign language into Romanian, W/F suggests a version of the memorized segment, but without the diacritical marks. So, each time, I have to replace certain letters, which is rather annoying. I don't seem to have this problem when I translate into French, for example. Accents are right where they're supposed to be.
I was wondering whether you could point out to me the right settings so as to keep the diacritical marks.

Thank you.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Save your translation memory(ies) as Unicode Feb 26, 2009

Refer to the user manual for the procedure. Do it for your glossary(ies) as well.

[Edited at 2009-02-26 12:43 GMT]

Mihaela Buruiana
Mihaela Buruiana  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Feb 26, 2009

I saved the memory in the Unicode format, as you said, and now I have my diacritical marks.
Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diacritical marks are not kept in memorized sentence

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »