Benjamin Pooley Mack
Benjamin Pooley Mack
Germany
Local time: 01:53
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

Greetings and sorry for the double post: I'm in the process of losing my mind.

I'm testing out Wordfast and receive the following error when attempting to save the translated document from the wordfast pro environment back to the original MS Word format:

Problem aligning document: SegmentID:
Reason: Index: 0, Size: 0

I've saved and examined the txml file and everything's in there and nothing looks out of place.

Can anyone help me with thi
... See more
Greetings and sorry for the double post: I'm in the process of losing my mind.

I'm testing out Wordfast and receive the following error when attempting to save the translated document from the wordfast pro environment back to the original MS Word format:

Problem aligning document: SegmentID:
Reason: Index: 0, Size: 0

I've saved and examined the txml file and everything's in there and nothing looks out of place.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Strange Feb 26, 2009

You could try to draw the original file on the Wordfast windows, then to preview it in Word and to save it under another file name.

Benjamin Pooley Mack
Benjamin Pooley Mack
Germany
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No joy. Feb 26, 2009

Tried that. No can do.

The word prieview of the xml version just displays the english table of the translation, not the original document.

Trying to get a word prievew of the word document doesn't work at all.

Benjamin Pooley Mack
Benjamin Pooley Mack
Germany
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kludge! Feb 26, 2009

Ok, I have finally bitten the bullet and opted for a pure duct-tape and chewing gum type of kludge:

I previewed the xml file in word, deleted the left hand column containing the segment numbers, transformed the table into text and copied the formating over from the original document.

Now I am carefully copying all of the segments (in larger groups of approximately one paragraph at a time) back into a copy of the original document. There's not point in trying to transfer
... See more
Ok, I have finally bitten the bullet and opted for a pure duct-tape and chewing gum type of kludge:

I previewed the xml file in word, deleted the left hand column containing the segment numbers, transformed the table into text and copied the formating over from the original document.

Now I am carefully copying all of the segments (in larger groups of approximately one paragraph at a time) back into a copy of the original document. There's not point in trying to transfer the images, etc. over to the former xml file: Word contains too many hidden and fiddle bits of formatting.

Sigh.

Time to put on my dunce's cap and spend the next few hours playing the careful copy-paste-remove line breaks game.

Oh well.

You win some, you loose some.
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Next time try applying the WFP TM in WFC Feb 27, 2009

Hi Benjamin,

Next time try applying the WFP TM in WFC. The TM format is identical between those two applications.

Open the original document in Word and translate it with the TM you used in WFP. You should get loads of 100% matches.

Cheers,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast pro error: "Problem aligning document"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »