Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:50
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 1, 2009

Hi colleagues,

I already read a lot within the forum, but I am still not able to convert a tmx file into a tmx file.
Can somebody help with hints or better - would somebody be prepared to convert a file for me?
Thank you in advance.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You need Trados Mar 1, 2009

Only Trados Workbench can convert mtw-files into tmx-files (export). You could post a job and pay for the conversion or ask a friend who has Trados.
Regards
Heinrich

Karin Seelhof
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 1, 2009

Heinrich, thank you for this comment.
To make the story short: I just saw that you are using Trados. Could you convert this file for me? If so, please let me know the price (via email to [email protected]).
I would be prepared to pay immediadely after conversion via Paypal.

Karin Seelhof
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved.... Mar 1, 2009

...at least this time. For future jobs I should consider buying Trados, but this time I would like to thank those colleagues, who offered me their assistance

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
You don't need Trados, so don't buy it Mar 1, 2009

Capesha wrote:

...at least this time. For future jobs I should consider buying Trados, but this time I would like to thank those colleagues, who offered me their assistance

There will always be a colleague to help you.

[Edited at 2009-03-01 15:38 GMT]

Karin Seelhof
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's good to know... Mar 1, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Capesha wrote:

There will always be a colleague to help you.

[Edited at 2009-03-01 15:38 GMT]

It's really good to know that there are colleagues who are so generous and helpful like you - thanks again!!!

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Well, you can always ask the customer... Mar 1, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Capesha wrote:

There will always be a colleague to help you. [Edited at 2009-03-01 15:38 GMT]

No need for that. You can always ask the customer who sent you the TM in the first place.

They can always convert the TM and send you a TMX file instead...

Daniel

Karin Seelhof
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Daniel: Mar 2, 2009

you are absolutely right: I should have solved this issue with the agency, but was a bit in trouble.
I accepted the job without knowing that the agency would send a TRADOS TM. Then it was weekend and there was hardly any chance to contact somebody.

Again a big "thank you" to the helpful colleagues here.

Francisco ABREU
Francisco ABREU  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:50
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Importing TMX Mar 2, 2009

The info about the last update of Wf Pro mentioned that now it is possible to open TMX memory files, but I don't know how to do it and could find no hint within the application. Do you know how to use this new feature?

Karin Seelhof
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Importing tmx? Mar 2, 2009

Francisco ABREU wrote:

The info about the last update of Wf Pro mentioned that now it is possible to open TMX memory files, but I don't know how to do it and could find no hint within the application. Do you know how to use this new feature?

Unfortunately I can't help.
I am using Wordfast 5.5 and here it is no problem to work with tmx files. My problem was the conversion of a tmw file.

Wordfast 6.0 is on my laptop, but I use it only for one agency, thus my experience is quite limited here.

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:50
Importing TMX Mar 9, 2009

Francisco ABREU wrote:

Yes, in WF Pro version 2.1.9, you can open a TMX file simply by saving the file on your computer and then going to Translation Memory > New/Select TM > Open > Browse. Then, browse to the location of the TMX file and Wordfast will open the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion tmw to tmx

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »