Unclean in WF classic
Thread poster: mauricioartola
Mar 23, 2009

Hi all,

Sometimes I work with material that comes in InDesing files and things of the sort but that only require a Word file from me since the designers prefer to enter the translated text by themselves.
My question is if there is a way that I can give an unclean file to the designers that is easier to read - that comes with two columns, or in two colors, or one paragraph in OT and another in TT, etc.
I would like Wordfast or Word to take care of this automatically, I c
... See more
Hi all,

Sometimes I work with material that comes in InDesing files and things of the sort but that only require a Word file from me since the designers prefer to enter the translated text by themselves.
My question is if there is a way that I can give an unclean file to the designers that is easier to read - that comes with two columns, or in two colors, or one paragraph in OT and another in TT, etc.
I would like Wordfast or Word to take care of this automatically, I can, of course, do it manually but it would take too much time and it would be too easy to skip a segment.
Thanks in advance,

Mauricio
Collapse

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:50
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Wordfast Pro? Mar 23, 2009

I think Wordfast Pro might do the job for you. I haven't tested it much yet, I prefer to work with WF Classic, but it seems that the files in Pro comes out exactly like you want them to: in a 2 coloumn table. Try it, it's free for some 30 days.

Ana Kroll
Ana Kroll  Identity Verified
German to Polish
+ ...
Yes Wordfast Pro Mar 24, 2009

Yes, that's right.

Wordfast Pro creates a bilingual tabele.

Have a nice day!
Ann

mauricioartola
mauricioartola
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your replies Mar 24, 2009

I suppose that buying another software could provide me with a solution. In fact I am planning to buy WF pro, since I am starting to get a greater variety of file types that cannot be handled by Word. But for the time being I guess that I will resort to play with Word display hidden text and make a new document with a two column table or something like that.
Thank you both,

Mauricio

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:50
Try Wordfast Pro for free Mar 25, 2009

Hi Mauricio,

As Dinny mentioned, we offer a free demo version. It is a full-featured version, that is not limited by time but rather by the number of translation units that the TMs can store. In our demo mode, you can save up to 500 TUs in your TMs, making it possible to try Wordfast Pro for free on actual projects. You can download
... See more
Hi Mauricio,

As Dinny mentioned, we offer a free demo version. It is a full-featured version, that is not limited by time but rather by the number of translation units that the TMs can store. In our demo mode, you can save up to 500 TUs in your TMs, making it possible to try Wordfast Pro for free on actual projects. You can download our demo version here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html .

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean in WF classic

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »