Mobile menu

Wordfast Pro ina Mac for XLM files
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:11
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Apr 15, 2009

I started to test Wordfast Pro cause I want to be able of working in a Mac environment without need of a Virtual Machine.

My first impression is that it is very similar with Swordfish.

So, before I spend more time with it I will like to know if WF Pro can handle XML files and INI files.

Most of my jobs are in this format.

And another question is how much resources need a big TM. By Swordfish I needed over one hour just to import a big TMX. So I have no good feeling with javascript based applications, but maybe is just a matter of programing. So my question:

Could I work with XML files (and apply the INIs I get from the agency) and use other applications at the same time (internet, Skype, Mail, etc.) without "freezing" my Mac?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro ina Mac for XLM files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs