Thread poster: Fernando Toledo

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:12
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Apr 15, 2009

Hello,

I started to test Wordfast Pro cause I want to be able of working in a Mac environment without need of a Virtual Machine.

My first impression is that it is very similar with Swordfish.

So, before I spend more time with it I will like to know if WF Pro can handle XML files and INI files.

Most of my jobs are in this format.

And another question is how much resources need a big TM. By Swordfish I needed over one hour just to import a big TMX. So I have no good feeling with javascript based applications, but maybe is just a matter of programing. So my question:

Could I work with XML files (and apply the INIs I get from the agency) and use other applications at the same time (internet, Skype, Mail, etc.) without "freezing" my Mac?

Thank you

Regards

Fernando

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro ina Mac for XLM files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs