https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/132785-wordfast_pro_ina_mac_for_xlm_files.html

Wordfast Pro ina Mac for XLM files
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:28
German to Spanish
Apr 15, 2009

Hello,

I started to test Wordfast Pro cause I want to be able of working in a Mac environment without need of a Virtual Machine.

My first impression is that it is very similar with Swordfish.

So, before I spend more time with it I will like to know if WF Pro can handle XML files and INI files.

Most of my jobs are in this format.

And another question is how much resources need a big TM. By Swordfish I needed over one hour just to im
... See more
Hello,

I started to test Wordfast Pro cause I want to be able of working in a Mac environment without need of a Virtual Machine.

My first impression is that it is very similar with Swordfish.

So, before I spend more time with it I will like to know if WF Pro can handle XML files and INI files.

Most of my jobs are in this format.

And another question is how much resources need a big TM. By Swordfish I needed over one hour just to import a big TMX. So I have no good feeling with javascript based applications, but maybe is just a matter of programing. So my question:

Could I work with XML files (and apply the INIs I get from the agency) and use other applications at the same time (internet, Skype, Mail, etc.) without "freezing" my Mac?

Thank you

Regards

Fernando
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro ina Mac for XLM files

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »