Thread poster: Nigel Greenwood

Nigel Greenwood  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:04
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2009

I am just starting a new translation, and my Fully licensed wordfast classic, refuses to let me use the TM I created about 2 months ago, saying that I have to re-license my version, Why?
I sent the corresponding form through their website and received an automatic response, saying that the technician, a certain Emerson Barroca is out of the office until May 20th. So how do use my TM today?

Nigel

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Amorim  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
I don´t know but Apr 17, 2009

I had the same problem as you two months ago with the Word Fast Classic version installed in my laptop. I have it installed also in the old computer where until now everything is working well. Strange thing anyway.

I contacted Wordfast and they informed me to log in at their website and retrieve the license file. Have you tried that? I hope this work for you.

I couldn´t because my login was not accepted and until now no solution. They always have offered a good support so it can be some temporary problem.

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Why? Apr 17, 2009

I'm not sure why... but here is my advice in order to get working right away:

As Maria suggests, please login to your account on the wordfast website and navigate to the "relicense" part, you will need a copy of your invoice and will have to enter the information (original install number and maybe some other things - I can't remember!).

You will get your new license # (free of course) right away. I have used this feature on their website a few times with no hassles - you just need to have your invoice copy and login information, everything should go smoothly!

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:04
If that fails...contact WF Support Apr 17, 2009

Hi Nigel,

You should follow the procedure that Lori provided. If that fails, please feel free to contact Wordfast support by logging into the support system on our website and clicking 'contact the hotline.'

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Nightmare customer Apr 17, 2009

Maria Amorim wrote:

I had the same problem as you two months ago with the Word Fast Classic version installed in my laptop. I have it installed also in the old computer where until now everything is working well. Strange thing anyway.

I contacted Wordfast and they informed me to log in at their website and retrieve the license file. Have you tried that? I hope this work for you.

I couldn´t because my login was not accepted and until now no solution. They always have offered a good support so it can be some temporary problem.

Dear Maria,

You're Wordfast's nightmare customer. You've installed Wordfast Classic on a new machine and somehow forgot to licence Wordfast on that second computer. When Wordfast asks you to re-license, you go to the Wordfast website and have forgotten your initial e-mail address and you somehow can't retrieve the e-mail Wordfast sent to you when you were licensed the first time.

Yves Champollion can automate a lot, but this is where it stops.

Cheers,
Gerard

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Did you find a solution? Apr 17, 2009

Nigel Greenwood wrote:

I am just starting a new translation, and my Fully licensed wordfast classic, refuses to let me use the TM I created about 2 months ago, saying that I have to re-license my version, Why?
I sent the corresponding form through their website and received an automatic response, saying that the technician, a certain Emerson Barroca is out of the office until May 20th. So how do use my TM today?

Nigel

Dear Nigel,

Did you find a solution?

Cheers,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WORDFAST ASKS ME TO RE-LICENSE, WHY?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs