https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/15480-no_matches_shown_in_wordfast.html

No matches shown in Wordfast
Thread poster: EvelynR
EvelynR
EvelynR
English to German
Nov 2, 2003

I'm setting up a friend with Wordfast on a Windows 2000 machine. We've now opened a TM (.txt file - export file from TWB) and it seems to open fine but then no matches (not even 100%) are shown during the translation. We also noticed that none of the new translations that should have been added since my friend started working with Wordfast are shown even if the original sentence occurs again. We have specified the same .txt file as background TM and concordance TM and we have reorganised the TM ... See more
I'm setting up a friend with Wordfast on a Windows 2000 machine. We've now opened a TM (.txt file - export file from TWB) and it seems to open fine but then no matches (not even 100%) are shown during the translation. We also noticed that none of the new translations that should have been added since my friend started working with Wordfast are shown even if the original sentence occurs again. We have specified the same .txt file as background TM and concordance TM and we have reorganised the TM as well. It's not working. Any ideas?Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:18
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TM or BTM Nov 3, 2003

Hi Evelyn,

You can't use a TM as a BTM and use it as TM too. In Wordfast a BTM is a TM sorted differently. And it doesn't make sense to use the same TM twice. Can you find matches with Context or Concordance search? If you can you should reorganise the TM and things will be alright. Reread the first 5 pages of the manual.

Regards,
Gerard

EvelynR
EvelynR
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Still no matches Nov 4, 2003

Hi Gerard

I've deselected the BTM, reorganised the TM, checked the language codes and still no luck. I now also noticed that WF does not save anything I translate, i.e. something that I translated at the beginning of the document does not show as a match when it comes up again lateron. It almost seems as if WF does not recognise and use the TM although it is idicated on the WF window.

Any other ideas?
Thanks
Evelyn

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Hi Evelyn,

You can't use a TM as a BTM and use it as TM too. In Wordfast a BTM is a TM sorted differently. And it doesn't make sense to use the same TM twice. Can you find matches with Context or Concordance search? If you can you should reorganise the TM and things will be alright. Reread the first 5 pages of the manual.

Regards,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No matches shown in Wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »