https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/15779-wordfast_quick_clean_up_does_not_clean.html

Wordfast quick clean up does not clean.
Thread poster: Hepburn
Hepburn
Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:25
English to French
+ ...
Nov 13, 2003

Although I love Wordfast to the point of actually enjoying using it does not sometimes repay my enthousiasm.
Sometimes the Quick clean up works perfectly well. And at other times, like just now, it just states "no bad segment found" but there is no final text appearing at all.
It had happened once before and I was so rushed that I had to manually delete all the English, tags etc in order to get my French text and send it off.

I haveobviously forgotten to do something at
... See more
Although I love Wordfast to the point of actually enjoying using it does not sometimes repay my enthousiasm.
Sometimes the Quick clean up works perfectly well. And at other times, like just now, it just states "no bad segment found" but there is no final text appearing at all.
It had happened once before and I was so rushed that I had to manually delete all the English, tags etc in order to get my French text and send it off.

I haveobviously forgotten to do something at one stage, but what? The file to be translated was saved on my Word doc and I worked from there, with a TM working OK.

Many thanks to those who are in the know and who can tell me
1: what next?
and 2: how to avoid that in the future

Claudette Hepburn
Collapse

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Why are you using quick clean-up? Nov 13, 2003

The regular clean-up is SOOO fast, and it updates your TM as it goes. The quick clean-up does not. Maybe that's the problem!

Hepburn
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Wordfast clean-up Nov 13, 2003

cbolton wrote:

The regular clean-up is SOOO fast, and it updates your TM as it goes. The quick clean-up does not. Maybe that's the problem!

I have to admit I only know Quick clean-up. I would not know how to use the regular clean up as I have never seen any mention of it.
Thanks for more instructions eagerly awaited.

Claudette

Hepburn
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Wordfast clean-up Nov 13, 2003

The regular clean-up is SOOO fast, and it updates your TM as it goes. The quick clean-up does not. Maybe that's the problem![/quote]

to which I replied:
I would not know how to use the regular clean up as I have never seen any mention of it.

Claudette[/quote]

Eureka! A quick dive in the manual and well hidden under set up and tools I found AND used Clean-up. Absolutely great.
Thanks for pointi
... See more
The regular clean-up is SOOO fast, and it updates your TM as it goes. The quick clean-up does not. Maybe that's the problem![/quote]

to which I replied:
I would not know how to use the regular clean up as I have never seen any mention of it.

Claudette[/quote]

Eureka! A quick dive in the manual and well hidden under set up and tools I found AND used Clean-up. Absolutely great.
Thanks for pointing me towards it.
There are many things in Wordfast which Ihavenot used as there arealso many warnings to leave quite a few features well alone. And so far, Quick clean-up seemed to do the job, until today.

Same with SDLX: I use the bare essentials as I can read lots of advice on the manual not to deal with X or Z just now. So, I do not touch lots of features and let them doze, until I manage to get a training session.

Claudette
Collapse

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to French
Get your hands dirty Nov 13, 2003

Wordfast can offer you quite a lot more when you know how to use it. If you happen to have a little spare time (I know, I know), I suggest you take a sample text (like grabbing some text on the web and copying it in a word document), create a new ini and experiment stuffs you have never done, to see how it works.

You could use the beginer's tutorial at www.your-translations.com to
... See more
Wordfast can offer you quite a lot more when you know how to use it. If you happen to have a little spare time (I know, I know), I suggest you take a sample text (like grabbing some text on the web and copying it in a word document), create a new ini and experiment stuffs you have never done, to see how it works.

You could use the beginer's tutorial at www.your-translations.com to help you.

Cheers,
Sylvain
Collapse

Hepburn
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: get your hands dirty Nov 13, 2003

sylver wrote:

You could use the beginer's tutorial at www.your-translations.com to help you.

Cheers,
Sylvain

Wise words, indeed. The tutorial is what got me going in the first place and I just stayed in the cosy corner which enabled me to make a start, but I have made no progress at all, that is true: In my spare time,I usually get my hands dirty picking weeds or peeling onions.
But I plan to start the new year with a tour of the tutorial on your-translations.com and reap its benefits by being more adventurous.

Thanks for your ever helful replies, Sylvain.
cheers,
Claudette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast quick clean up does not clean.

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »