Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Windows is officially released
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:33
Mar 11, 2010

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Windows is now available (Mac and Linux versions will follow shortly). We are very excited about this release as it contains several features that Wordfast users have been requesting including:

- MIF, TTX, and PDF support
- Wordfast Aligner BETA*
- Machine Translation Integration
- MS Word Spellchecker option
- User-Defined segmentation
- TM Administration module to view and
... See more
Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Windows is now available (Mac and Linux versions will follow shortly). We are very excited about this release as it contains several features that Wordfast users have been requesting including:

- MIF, TTX, and PDF support
- Wordfast Aligner BETA*
- MS Word Spellchecker option
- TM Administration module to view and edit TMs*
And much more...
*Feature is not present in the free demo version. Available with the purchase of a license only.

You can download WFP 2.3 from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . PLEASE NOTE: You must download WFP 2.3 from our website. You cannot use the update feature in the help menu.

If you are an existing Wordfast Classic license holder, you can get Wordfast Pro for free. Just follow the steps here to retrieve your license - http://www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero

[Edited at 2010-03-11 01:38 GMT]
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:33
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
At last! Mar 11, 2010

I just downloaded and installed it, and found the first problem: when you launch Wordfast Aligner, the splash screen never goes out; it stays there, in the middle of the screen, until you terminate the application.

Also, there's really no need for a menu strip in this program: All functions are available through the tool strip just below, so both strips being there is only a waste of space.

Moreover, are there any plans to update and ENRICH the online help? It hasn't c
... See more
I just downloaded and installed it, and found the first problem: when you launch Wordfast Aligner, the splash screen never goes out; it stays there, in the middle of the screen, until you terminate the application.

Also, there's really no need for a menu strip in this program: All functions are available through the tool strip just below, so both strips being there is only a waste of space.

Moreover, are there any plans to update and ENRICH the online help? It hasn't changed since the initial release of Wordfast "Pro". It's very poor in content and very lacking, too (no word for the Aligner, for example). What's the big deal and you haven't released a nice PDF manual for this application yet? I thought it was your 'flagship' application.

[Edited at 2010-03-11 17:52 GMT]
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Online Help is updated Mar 12, 2010

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Moreover, are there any plans to update and ENRICH the online help? It hasn't changed since the initial release of Wordfast "Pro". It's very poor in content and very lacking, too (no word for the Aligner, for example). What's the big deal and you haven't released a nice PDF manual for this application yet? I thought it was your 'flagship' application.

[Edited at 2010-03-11 17:52 GMT]

Hi Epameinondas,

Thank you for your continued feedback. We have updated the online help to include the new features in this build. You can access the help pages here - http://www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_Pro_Plus/Wordfast_Pro_Plus_Help.htm

I've passed on the rest of your feedback to our development team.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

[Edited at 2010-03-12 19:47 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Google Translate and Translate All Feature Mar 15, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that if you use the “translate all” button and have the machine translate option on, you may be blocked by Google. Please make sure that you have the Machine Translation option turned off in the preferences if you need to use the translate all button. A hotfix will be available soon to resolve this and I will notify you in this forum.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Federica D'Alessio
Federica D'Alessio
Italy
Local time: 10:33
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mac version Mar 19, 2010

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Windows is now available (Mac and Linux versions will follow shortly).

So do you advise to wait for the Mac version, if one intends to use it primarily on a Mac ambient? Or can I download it for Windows and then use the same licence to work on Mac as well?
Could you please clarify this and let us know when "shortly" will be?
Many thanks,
Federica

Kristyna Marrero
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Mac and Linux released Mar 27, 2010

Hi,

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac and linux are now available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

New features include:

- MIF and TTX support
*Feature is not present in the free dem
... See more
Hi,

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for mac and linux are now available for download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

New features include:

- MIF and TTX support
*Feature is not present in the free demo version. Available with the purchase of a license only.

This version also fixes the previous licensing issue where Wordfast reverted to demo mode. You may need to request a new license one more time after you install version 2.3.

If you are an existing Wordfast Classic license holder, you can get Wordfast Pro for free. Just follow the steps here to retrieve your license - http://www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Collapse

Mirsada Kekic-Huskic
Mirsada Kekic-Huskic
Bosnian to German
+ ...
Wordfast - Free version Mar 27, 2010

Hi!
Yes, I know it's silly, but I never used Wordfast or Trados or some other translation tools.
Anyway, Can you please recommend me a free version of Wordfast.
It's an emergency!!!!!
Thank you in advance,
M.

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Wf Classic Mar 27, 2010

Hi Mirsada,

you can always use Wordfast Classic with complete functionality, up to some 800 segments, or 500, I don't remember well now. 500 segments might be like a medium sized Word file.

Dragomir

Mirsada Kekic-Huskic wrote:

Hi!
Yes, I know it's silly, but I never used Wordfast or Trados or some other translation tools.
Anyway, Can you please recommend me a free version of Wordfast.
It's an emergency!!!!!
Thank you in advance,
M.

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:33
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Where is the TM Admin module? Mar 28, 2010

It says the following feature has been added in WFP 2.3.0:

Where is it? Of course, I have a licence.

[Edited at 2010-03-28 17:10 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Free browser-based version of Wordfast Mar 29, 2010

Hi,

You can also try Wordfast Anywhere, a browser-based TM that is currently free for all translators. To try Wordfast Anywhere, go to http://www.freetm.com and create a login. Once you login, you can upload your documents as well as your TMs and glossaries to a private workspace and begin translating. Your TMs and glossaries grow as you translate and remain completely confidential (your private works
... See more
Hi,

You can also try Wordfast Anywhere, a browser-based TM that is currently free for all translators. To try Wordfast Anywhere, go to http://www.freetm.com and create a login. Once you login, you can upload your documents as well as your TMs and glossaries to a private workspace and begin translating. Your TMs and glossaries grow as you translate and remain completely confidential (your private workspace cannot be accessed by anyone). You can also leverage translations from a large public, read-only TM (the VLTM), and/or from machine translation when there are no matches in your private TM.

You can learn more about Wordfast anywhere here - http://anywhere.wordfast.net/anywhere/help.html

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Collapse

Maria Jose Albaya
Maria Jose Albaya  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, where is the TM Administration module? Apr 12, 2010

I also have a license and recently upgraded to Wordfast Pro 2.3, but I can't find the link to the TM Administration view.

Thanks,

Maria

Andy Zhang
Andy Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
PDF problem Apr 13, 2010

Sometimes, PDF files cannot be opened in this new version and sometimes can. I don't know why. My operating system is Vista.

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
MIF files in Wordfast Pro May 21, 2010

Hello Kristyna,

I have experimented a bit with a few MIF files in Wordfast Pro (Version: 2.3.0 - Build id: 20100312-1926) and I have noticed that the filter "lets in" some default text always placed in FM documents but not necessarily used thus increasing the volume of text to translate (e.g. this does not happen with S-Tagger files).

Also I have noticed that inline changes are not always tagged correctly e.g. unless the format change is placed in the middle of a segmen
... See more
Hello Kristyna,

I have experimented a bit with a few MIF files in Wordfast Pro (Version: 2.3.0 - Build id: 20100312-1926) and I have noticed that the filter "lets in" some default text always placed in FM documents but not necessarily used thus increasing the volume of text to translate (e.g. this does not happen with S-Tagger files).

Also I have noticed that inline changes are not always tagged correctly e.g. unless the format change is placed in the middle of a segment, there is either no closing or opening tag making it impossible (as far as I could see) the apply the format change correctly in the target language.
This does not happen e.g. in Word documents where tags are correctly placed.

L.

[Edited at 2010-05-21 12:09 GMT]
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
United States
TOPIC STARTER
MIF FILES IN WFP 2.3 May 24, 2010

LCord wrote:

Hello Kristyna,

Also I have noticed that inline changes are not always tagged correctly e.g. unless the format change is placed in the middle of a segment, there is either no closing or opening tag making it impossible (as far as I could see) the apply the format change correctly in the target language.
This does not happen e.g. in Word documents where tags are correctly placed.

L.

[Edited at 2010-05-21 12:09 GMT]

Hi,

Can you go to the Edit menu > Preferences > FrameMaker Filter Preferences, and uncheck the three options there. This will prevent Wordfast Pro from segmenting specific kinds of text. You will notice that the number of segments will change when you uncheck those options.

If this does not help, please send me the files and refer to the extra tags or untranslatable text (in segments IDs) that Wordfast Pro imports.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
Files sent May 25, 2010

Hello Krystina,

I have sent you a PDF file with comments on MIF files in WF Pro.

Regards,

Lorenzo

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 2.3 for Windows is officially released

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »