Thread poster: Jan Schauseil

Jan Schauseil  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:05
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2004

When starting a translation in Wordfast, I get a message popping up: "This document is protected and/or in revisionmode." I the click "OK", and get a message:"Layout too complex, please translate manually."

How can I get around this? The document in question is a short, simple translation test from a potential client.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 17, 2004

...to CAT Tool Tech Support.

Karine Piera  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
WordFast forum Apr 17, 2004

Hi Jan,
I am just a beginner with WordFast so I can't really help you, but why don't you go on Wordfast forum?
You can ask the same question and many competent people might answer you.
Good luck.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Copy and paste Apr 17, 2004

Try to press ctrl+a to mark all, and copy and paste the text into a new document. Then your problem should be solved.

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Is Trackchange active? Apr 18, 2004

Jan Schauseil wrote:

When starting a translation in Wordfast, I get a message popping up: "This document is protected and/or in revisionmode." I the click "OK", and get a message:"Layout too complex, please translate manually."

It could very well be that the Trackchanges functionality is enabled and it prevents to you to open the segment. The exact dialog boxes and settings vary from one Word version to the other, but you'll find the relevant commands under the Tool menu.

HTH

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:05
English to French
Revision mode or protection... Sep 8, 2004

Jan Schauseil wrote:

How can I get around this? The document in question is a short, simple translation test from a potential client.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Close Wordfast. check if track changes (tools menu) is on. if it is turn it off.

Also check if the document is protected. If so, un-protect it. Also in "tools" usually.

When you have solved that, you are back to a plain vanilla doc, so just run Wordfast through it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast technical support

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs