Thread poster: marnic
marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 29, 2004

Dear Colleagues,

have you ever experienced this issue:
wordfast license number has disappeared and the system doesn't let me use the memory, saying WF is in demo mode and prompting me to enter my licence number and reorganize the TM.
Any idea of what may be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Wordfast mailing lists Jun 29, 2004

Dear Marnic,

The link below contains links to Wordfast mailing lists in various languages. I'm sure the experts will be able to help you solve your problem.

http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=community&lang=engb

Good luck,
Marianne

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 29, 2004

Thanks Marianne, should I find a workaround I will post it on this site.

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:14
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Relicense Jun 29, 2004

On the wordfast page www.wordfast.net you can *relicense* in just a few seconds if you habe you original data from the first license.
Good luck,
Natália

marnic wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

have you ever experienced this issue:
wordfast license number has disappeared and the system doesn't let me use the memory, saying WF is in demo mode and prompting me to enter my licence number and reorganize the TM.
Any idea of what may be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Yes, it's done that with me before Jun 29, 2004

It's rather annoying, as I had to dig around my files to look for the licence number to re-enter. Once you've done that, it works fine, though.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
simply enter it again Jun 29, 2004

Hi marnic,

Natália Fialho wrote:
On the wordfast page www.wordfast.net you can *relicense* in just a few seconds if you habe you original data from the first license.

Sometimes something makes WF "lose its memory" and it forgets the license number.
There's no need to relicense as long as you haven't changed your PC or reinstalled Windows.
Simply re-enter the license number that was given to you when you purchased (keep that email at hand and probably a printed copy).

Cheers,
Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast license no. disappears

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »