https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/23093-help%3A_undo_translation_made_with_wordfast.html

HELP: Undo translation made with wordfast
Thread poster: zara01 (X)
zara01 (X)
zara01 (X)
Local time: 03:05
English to German
Jul 20, 2004

I just hit the translate button in the tools section and all that happened was that parts of the original text "disappeared". How can I undo this trabslation? Plus how do I get rid of all the formatting signs in the text now?

Please help!

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 04:05
English to Russian
You have a *.bak file. Jul 20, 2004

zara01 wrote: I just hit the translate button

Which in fact was 'quick clean button. You can leave Word without saving or check you *.bak file.

George Rabel
George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
reverse the translation memory Jul 23, 2004

You can do a reverse translation with Wordfast. You can translate the translation back to the original. I did it once when I mistakenly used the "master" copy of the document for my translation, but then it need to be translated into another language from the original. I created a translation memory reversening the languages: (EN-CL -> CL-EN). To my delight, it worked, and I was able to rebuild the original.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: Undo translation made with wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »