Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

Dear all,

Wondering if anyone has worked in MS Publisher format in combination with Wordfast. If so, is there a way to avoid copying the text into a Word doc, and pasting the translation back into Publisher? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
sgalilea@ispwest.com
www.accentonspanish.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
No direct experience... Jul 30, 2004

but might it work the same way as for PowerPoint files? Open the PPT (Publisher??) file and a blank file in Word - click the down arrow on the WF toolbar in Word to start translating - source text is taken from the PPT file. Don't know if Publisher is supported in this way.

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apparently not Jul 30, 2004

Daina Jauntirans wrote:
but might it work the same way as for PowerPoint files? Open the PPT (Publisher??) file and a blank file in Word - click the down arrow on the WF toolbar in Word to start translating - source text is taken from the PPT file. Don't know if Publisher is supported in this way.

Thank you kindly, Daina. I tried your suggestion, but it does not seem to work.

I did figure out a useful command, where text within a box can be sent to a Word file (where I can use Wordfast), and then automatically appears in the Publisher file upon closing Word.

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated,

S.G.

[Edited at 2004-07-30 17:26]

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Help needed with wordfast and MS Publisher Mar 9, 2006

I do not know how to translate MS Publisher files using Wordfast. Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks a lot

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 02:39
English to Russian
Impossible Mar 10, 2006

Theoretcally you can edit MSPUB stories in Word, but practically it has never worked here and I have never heard of anyone succeeding in it.
Ask your client to provide you with Word files. The styles will survive the translation AFAIK.
Stay well
Aleksandr
(Office 2000 + Publisher 2000)

P.S. Not with Wordfast, nor with Trados, or any CAT I know.

[Edited at 2006-03-10 05:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and MS Publisher

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs