Wordfast - beginning user having difficulties
Thread poster: Isabel67

Isabel67  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:42
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

I am trying the wordfast for the first time and I have difficulties in automatic translation. Sometimes I can, others I have to type everything, because target field is empty. Can somebody help me?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-23 15:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Dinny  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:42
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Translation memory? Aug 23, 2004

I think you must have a translation memory for the autotranslate to work, otherwise there will be no references to be found. And the translation memory is for you to create. Wordfast is only helping you NOT to have to translate the same sentence twice, once it's done, it's in the memory and will pop up next time you need it.

good luck!

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I'm moving this thread Aug 23, 2004

into the Wordfast Support forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - beginning user having difficulties

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs