Thread poster: Olga Bobrowska - Braccini
Olga Bobrowska - Braccini
Olga Bobrowska - Braccini  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:56
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2004

When I Try to align ("ALIGN " step in + Align menu) 2 texts under Word 2003 version, the resut is a table with TWO IDENTICAL column ( only source or only target).
The first (Extract) et the third (Create a TM)ones work well.

With the "two docs" method, I get source text and target text in TWO SEPARATE Microsoft windows with TWO toolbars (+Tools bar in each window), so it's not possible to create a TM...

Any helpful hints?

thanks a
... See more
When I Try to align ("ALIGN " step in + Align menu) 2 texts under Word 2003 version, the resut is a table with TWO IDENTICAL column ( only source or only target).
The first (Extract) et the third (Create a TM)ones work well.

With the "two docs" method, I get source text and target text in TWO SEPARATE Microsoft windows with TWO toolbars (+Tools bar in each window), so it's not possible to create a TM...

Any helpful hints?

thanks a lot
Olga
PS.I ve never got any answer from Wordfast support...
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try the wordfast forum at Yahoo/groups Sep 1, 2004

Sorry, I cant help, because I never have used this tool (align). But the Yahoo-list is fast to respond.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
search the wordfast yahoo group Sep 1, 2004

Hi Olga,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast
This is the best place to look for help, if the manual hasn't answered/solved your problem.
Search the messages before posting because I've seen quite a few about this subject.
Anyway, even though I don't use Word 2003, I know there is a known issue that doesn't seem to allow +Tools to complete the alignment process corr
... See more
Hi Olga,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast
This is the best place to look for help, if the manual hasn't answered/solved your problem.
Search the messages before posting because I've seen quite a few about this subject.
Anyway, even though I don't use Word 2003, I know there is a known issue that doesn't seem to allow +Tools to complete the alignment process correctly.
The problem is in Word 2003, because alignment works fine on other Word versions.

Cheers,
Grace
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2003 vs + Tools alignment feature

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »