Mobile menu

Word 2003 vs + Tools alignment feature
Thread poster: Olga Bobrowska - Braccini

Olga Bobrowska - Braccini  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:16
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2004

When I Try to align ("ALIGN " step in + Align menu) 2 texts under Word 2003 version, the resut is a table with TWO IDENTICAL column ( only source or only target).
The first (Extract) et the third (Create a TM)ones work well.

With the "two docs" method, I get source text and target text in TWO SEPARATE Microsoft windows with TWO toolbars (+Tools bar in each window), so it's not possible to create a TM...

Any helpful hints?

thanks a lot
PS.I ve never got any answer from Wordfast support...

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try the wordfast forum at Yahoo/groups Sep 1, 2004

Sorry, I cant help, because I never have used this tool (align). But the Yahoo-list is fast to respond.

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
search the wordfast yahoo group Sep 1, 2004

Hi Olga,
This is the best place to look for help, if the manual hasn't answered/solved your problem.
Search the messages before posting because I've seen quite a few about this subject.
Anyway, even though I don't use Word 2003, I know there is a known issue that doesn't seem to allow +Tools to complete the alignment process correctly.
The problem is in Word 2003, because alignment works fine on other Word versions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2003 vs + Tools alignment feature

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs