Mobile menu

Wordfast won't shrink or expand segments on Mac
Thread poster: Andy Wright

Andy Wright
Local time: 00:41
Spanish to English
Oct 28, 2004

Using Wordfast (latest) on Mac OSX Panther, and I cannot get it to shrink or expand segments, either with keystrokes (Alt+pageUp, etc.) or the buttons. I just hear an error sound and nothing happens. Any ideas?

The manual says substitute "Control" for "Alt" when using a Mac, but I can do Alt+Down to validate a segment just fine.

What I can't do is skip to another segment or shrink or expand a segment. Please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:41
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Moving the thread Oct 28, 2004

to Wordfast support forum.

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Paragraph mark? Oct 29, 2004

I think the problem might be that Wordfast won't expand a segment across a paragraph mark. If you have a paragraph mark there, all you have to do is restore the segment to its original form (closing it with an empty translation will do it, unless you have allowed empty translations in PB). Then you just run ahead of Wordfast and "prepare the text", in this case by deleting the paragraph mark before opening the segment with Wordfast.

Hope this helps. If not - and even if it does - I suggest you join one or several Wordfast Yahoo groups and ask there (preferably not on the English-language list, which is basically for advanced users discussing the latest beta-version). The best group is the French one for asking questions of any level.

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-10-29 05:38]

Andy Wright
Local time: 00:41
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 31, 2004

I also just found a section in the WordFast manual that addresses this, so I will try a few things.
Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast won't shrink or expand segments on Mac

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs