Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How long does it take to get your new WF license validated?
Thread poster: Edward Potter
Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:44
German to Italian
+ ...
No answer / no key license yet Nov 3, 2004

Hallo out there,

I'm still waiting for my key license, 53 hours have passed since my purchase.

Would you please be so kind and answer to my mails, at least?

Thanks in advance
Antonella Andreella

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How long Nov 3, 2004

Antonella,

Please keep us posted how long it finally took you. This would be valuable information for the future. For me it took about two days on a holiday weekend.

Edward

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Godd news Nov 4, 2004

Dear all,

I finally got my license key yesterday evening, immediately after contacting Yves Champollion.
Thanks also to Cathy Dotterer for her kind reply.

All the best

Antonella

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Missing something? Nov 6, 2004

I'm wondering what I'm missing here. Last week 30 October I bought wordfast from proz.com and received an invoice and an email telling me to send off for my license key. I found my install number and sent it off, expecting to receive a reply, but one never came. I sent another email asking if there had been a problem with the transaction, on Nov 3rd, but still there was no reaction. I looked on wordfast's site and it told me I would get an invoice with an 8-digit license key, within 24 hours as ... See more
I'm wondering what I'm missing here. Last week 30 October I bought wordfast from proz.com and received an invoice and an email telling me to send off for my license key. I found my install number and sent it off, expecting to receive a reply, but one never came. I sent another email asking if there had been a problem with the transaction, on Nov 3rd, but still there was no reaction. I looked on wordfast's site and it told me I would get an invoice with an 8-digit license key, within 24 hours as I used my credit card, but the only invoice I have from proz.com has a 6-digit number. Do I have to do something else? Have I missed something?

Anne
Collapse

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Try here Nov 7, 2004

Dear Anne,

after all it seems I was lucky, one whole week it's an incredibly long time and you got no reply yet. You should try contacting directly Yves Champollion ad www.wordfast.net

Keep us posted

Have a nice Sunday
Antonella

Deborah Workman
Deborah Workman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Also misled by "shortly thereafter" Jan 18, 2005

Just to toss in my 2 cents. I also purchased from ProZ in expectation that I would receive the license key "shortly after". Since everything else is very speedy -- nearly instantaneous -- I wasn't prepared for a lag. I ran up against WF's TM limit on a Sunday noon, submitted a tech request several hours later, called ProZ's emergency number several hours after that, and when I still hadn't received a reply 24 hours later, I wrote directly to Wordfast and got a reply about 12 hours after that. ... See more
Just to toss in my 2 cents. I also purchased from ProZ in expectation that I would receive the license key "shortly after". Since everything else is very speedy -- nearly instantaneous -- I wasn't prepared for a lag. I ran up against WF's TM limit on a Sunday noon, submitted a tech request several hours later, called ProZ's emergency number several hours after that, and when I still hadn't received a reply 24 hours later, I wrote directly to Wordfast and got a reply about 12 hours after that. Granted, it was not only a weekend but a holiday weekend and had I known the product and the service better I would not have painted myself into a corner.

Fortunately, I was able to figure out how to create a second TM and use the first as the Base TM and that tided me over for a while.

I'm happy with the product, but agree that the order/payment/sales followup pages should all be clear that the response is 1-3 business days and there is no emergency service. That would help us manage our expectations and those of our clients better.

Deborah
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How long does it take to get your new WF license validated?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »